Author Topic: [SOLVED] Managed version client, license expired  (Read 4952 times)

vpxavier

[SOLVED] Managed version client, license expired
« on: July 05, 2007, 05:07:25 PM »
Dear support,
I installed the managed version on all the computers in my company.
Everythings works fine with the computers who regularly gets connected to the network (for laptop users...).
But I've 2 users that comes back to connect to the network only twice a year.
One of these users now receives a "license expired" message while the licenses we bought should still be valid until 2009...
I now that I could give the license file to this user so that he can register the full client but I don't want this because the user could then desactivate the resident protection.
What should I do?
Thanks a lot,
Xavier
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 12:25:34 PM by vpxavier »

goliathx

Re: Managed version client, license expired
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 02:03:09 PM »
Xavier,

This one you saw already
See ADNM Administrator's Guide page 41 chapter '6.4 Licensing in ADNM'

'Note
If someone needs to take a machine out of reach of the AMS for longer than 21
days, a separate license file copy must be locally provided to the machine by hand.'

also

'6.2.2 To Update Roaming Users' at page 38

or you could use for those 2 users no ADNM installations and use passwords so that no user can change or deactivate anything use the avast.ini as template.

Maarten
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 02:08:33 PM by goliathx »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Managed version client, license expired
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 11:28:22 AM »
vpxavier, you should definitely install the license.dat file on these two laptops. The presence of the license file does not, in any way, relate to the user's ability to tamper with the protection settings (what makes you think otherwise?)

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

vpxavier

[SOLVED] Re: Managed version client, license expired
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 12:24:21 PM »
OK so, if I'm right, I won't be able to update this client remotely from the ADNM but I can prevent the user to disable the resident protection using the "set password" option?

(Just one more question: is the 21 days option going to be editable in a future version?)

Thanks for your help,
Xavier

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: [SOLVED] Managed version client, license expired
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 05:18:48 PM »
OK so, if I'm right, I won't be able to update this client remotely from the ADNM but I can prevent the user to disable the resident protection using the "set password" option?

You'll be able to do anything you want with the computer, IF it is connected to the corporate network (i.e. it has a connection to the AMS) [e.g. via VPN].

(Just one more question: is the 21 days option going to be editable in a future version?)

I'm afraid that not.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.