Author Topic: Problems installing vista windows security updates!  (Read 1915 times)

Edwards19179

Problems installing vista windows security updates!
« on: July 06, 2007, 08:25:03 AM »
I recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium, prior to this i was using XP Media Centre!

My computer told me i needed to install updates for vista (windows update). I installed all the security updates! The computer asks to restart which i did. I get a message saying "configuring updates". The computer eventually restarts and my computer even said they have been successfully installed. However, when i click on "view update history". in windows update. A lot of the updates have "Failed" written next to them. A small number have "successfull" written next to them.

I have tried to install all the updates which failed, manually by going to the microsoft website. But when i try installing the failed ones it says "does not apply to your system!

Please can someone advise me, why have so many vista updates failed to install on my computer?

what can i do about it

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Problems installing vista windows security updates!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 02:29:50 PM »
Windows Vista install some updates prior than others, blocking the non-essential ones and letting them for the next update. Some of them could not be necessary anymore (although this is not usual...). I suggest you trust in the last update message: if none other updates are available, you don't need to update the computer anymore.
The best things in life are free.