Author Topic: Trialing Avast Pro  (Read 4408 times)

LoneWolf.

Trialing Avast Pro
« on: July 07, 2007, 05:35:29 PM »
Just a quick question,I'm trialing Avast Pro if at the end of my trial I decied to go with the home version(free) do I need to uninstall Avast Pro and install Avast Home? Or will Pro turn into Home (free) after the 60 day trial is over?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Trialing Avast Pro
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 05:38:08 PM »
After the trial if you decide not to purchase then register for the home version.  Insert the key and it will revert to Avast home

LoneWolf.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 05:43:48 PM »
Thank You  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 07:01:55 PM »
There have been some occasions where downgrading to the home doesn't go completely to plan, so it may be better to do a clean install, uninstall, reboot, run the Uninstall Utility (see below), reboot, install (latest version), reboot.

Download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/eng/programs.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall. Register for the Home version avast! 4 Home Registration form and you will receive an email from register @ avast.com (without the spaces) with your registration key.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

LoneWolf.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 07:22:32 PM »
DavidR
What do you meen by
There have been some occasions where downgrading to the home doesn't go completely to plan
Anything major go wrong?
Or is it just advisable to uninstall pro first?
Thanks for all the info.

Rafel

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 08:23:16 PM »
If you uninstall , reboot, and clean registry will be 5 minutes and you'll be sure your AVAST! Home will run perfect.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 09:12:52 PM »
DavidR
What do you meen by
There have been some occasions where downgrading to the home doesn't go completely to plan
Anything major go wrong?
Or is it just advisable to uninstall pro first?
Thanks for all the info.
Just that you are trying to remove elements that are in the pro version whilst your are on-line (I believe this may be required), etc. whilst it is running. There have been a couple of occurrences I have seen in the forums where it didn't successfully remove the elements. Whilst it is nothing major it could have implications and require what I'm suggesting in any case.

So I feel it is advisable rather than compulsory, if you are going to do it ensure you have downloaded the home version and the uninstall utility (and go off-line) before uninstalling the pro version.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 09:14:35 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 01:19:09 AM »
Just that you are trying to remove elements that are in the pro version whilst your are on-line (I believe this may be required), etc. whilst it is running.
No. It's not necessary to be on-line for downgrading. I've tested a lot of times...
The best things in life are free.