Author Topic: A Virus Found in Panda Active Scan!  (Read 9098 times)

ifihadonechance

A Virus Found in Panda Active Scan!
« on: July 08, 2007, 12:00:36 AM »
Right now... In the middle of the scan, panda active scan (Thier online scanner) A virus was found to get into my computer? Can someone tell me whats going on?

File Name:   http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/motor.cab\pskavs.DLL
Malware Name: Win32:CTX
Malware type:  Virus/Worm
VPS Version:    000754-4, 06/07/2007

Any help asap would be great cause avast! waring windows are annyoing. But cool at the same time.

thanks

mauserme

Re: A Virus Found in Panda Active Scan!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 12:04:56 AM »
Panda doesn't encrypt their malware signatures so avast! is reacting to one of their files.  No need  to worry about it but you will probably need to pause avast! in order to use the Panda online scanner.

Kaspersky, Trend Micro and others have online scanners that don't cause this problem so you could look there for an alternative if you want.

ifihadonechance

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 12:06:35 AM »
Ok. Thanks for your help  ;D

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 12:32:26 AM »
I am only 12 years old with great comp. knoledge

But poor spelling knowledge::) ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 12:37:03 AM »
Besides what mauserme said about pausing standard shield, but it looks like this was picked up by the web shield provider and not standard shield, given that the file location is a URL, so you would need to pause the web shield also.

Assuming you do that the panda on-line scanner dumps this junk in the system folders and this makes it more difficult to get rid of and the avast on-demand scan is likely to pick it up on a scan in the future. If you remove the active scan folder that it creates for the unencrypted signature files, it could end up as a restore point and avast would find it there also.

You are by now probably getting the idea that I don't much care for the panda on-line scanner and you would be right when there are others that don't do this. On-line Virus Scanners and other useful Links Security-Ops.eu.tt
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 12:41:05 AM »

Which doesn't matter very much as there are no tests on the forums, so long as we can understand.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ifihadonechance

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 12:44:06 AM »

Which doesn't matter very much as there are no tests on the forums, so long as we can understand.

Hehehe.... thanks David   :)

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 12:49:54 AM »

Sorry, just picking a little fun.  ;D  With all my typo's I have little room to talk.  Just yesterday Bob pointed out one of my typo's. ;D

ifihadonechance

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 12:53:58 AM »

Sorry, just picking a little fun.  ;D  With all my typo's I have little room to talk.  Just yesterday Bob pointed out one of my typo's. ;D

Don't Worry, I'm laughing as well...  ;D

It's all good  8) ;)