Author Topic: Comodo Personal Firewall: what do you like about it?  (Read 127954 times)

drhayden1

Re: Comodo Personal Firewall: what do you like about it?
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2007, 10:00:29 PM »
page 6 coming soon ;D

edited-oops! this is page 6 ::)

http://usa.kaspersky.com/products_services/internet-security.php
and tryed this for about a week-couple of months ago on my quad core desktop(kaspersky 7.0 came with computer package)and didn't care too much for the firewall-was blocking me on certain things ::)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 10:27:31 PM by drhayden1 »

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2007, 10:44:45 PM »

Dan,
You have this picture labeled wrong, It's the JA that uses comodo!

The little girl is cute & has an intelligent look in her eyes, so no doubt she uses PC Tools Firewall Plus. ;)

Personally I liked ZA best, but it is too bloated.  I also like Jetico v1, but M$ updates can't be configured in it.

I don't really care for PCTFW+, but for my RAM starved pc's, I use it.

It's not a like or dislike issue!!!

drhayden1

« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2007, 11:03:31 PM »
nope-it's the right way ;)

no disagreements here on that pic above-i hope not ::)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:09:27 PM by drhayden1 »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2007, 12:12:57 AM »
rdmaloyjr,
Dan,
I see you're still at it. Knocking a product without presenting any proof.
I know it's hard to get proof since there isn't any....  ;D
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

drhayden1

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2007, 12:32:40 AM »
I know it's hard to get proof since there isn't any
and there never will be any ;D

« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 12:39:13 AM by drhayden1 »

Jahn

« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2007, 06:55:05 AM »
I feel that CFP's configurable rules have made it most successful. A noob can use default settings and be protected, or, you can tweak it so your own mama can't get in!  ;D

neal62

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2007, 09:19:07 AM »
How many pages are we Avast forum members going to devote to Comodo PFW this go around?  :)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2007, 01:13:22 PM »
How many pages are we Avast forum members going to devote to Comodo PFW this go around?  :)

LOL, Neal you're 100% right ! This looks like Mary-go-round...

Oh BTW, PC Tools Firewall... just uninstall it and on next reboot you'll see Windows Security Center reports it's still there... even its design points that this product looks like some unfinished doodle-like-product...
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

drhayden1

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2007, 04:30:49 PM »
Oh BTW, PC Tools Firewall... just uninstall it and on next reboot you'll see Windows Security Center reports it's still there... even its design points that this product looks like some unfinished doodle-like-product...
that's proof enough for me-thanks Sasha ;D
may this thread end NOW please-i know i help it along somewhat ::) ;)

I know it's hard to get proof since there isn't any.... 
here's some bob ;D

« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 04:32:47 PM by drhayden1 »

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2007, 04:56:18 PM »
Another vote for closing this thread ...

jessejazza

« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2007, 09:42:47 PM »
Thx for you posts - i enjoyed reading them. I'd be grateful if someone could explain why they are using them if they have a router. I have used a little firewall called Tiny that is now no longer available. It was quite basic with just a message saying who was trying to contact you i.e. IP address and provider name... i just click on Accept, Deny, or create Formula. I read alot of comments which was that it was the simplest yet most effective firewall. Probably dropped because it didn't have enough 'bells and whistles'. ZoneAlarm by comparison was a poor thing each revision i've tried.

Now with a router it would seem it is redundant - i never get anyone trying to contact.

neal62

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2007, 12:33:32 AM »
FYI. In ref to the above post. I was able to find a location for Tiny Personal Firewall, version 2.0.12. Of course it's not supported anymore. To acquire it please go HERE.   :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2007, 12:45:04 AM »
Thx for you posts - i enjoyed reading them. I'd be grateful if someone could explain why they are using them if they have a router.
<snip>
Now with a router it would seem it is redundant - i never get anyone trying to contact.

The reason is outbound protection, some of the malware that infects systems downloads more of the same and most hardware routers provide no outbound protection.

Any malware that manages to get past your defences will have free reign to connect to the internet to either download more of the same, pass your personal data (sensitive or otherwise, user names, passwords, keylogger retrieved data, etc.) or open a backdoor to your computer, so outbound protection is essential.

Whilst Tiny might still be available at a number of old-version or archive sites, the important thing is continued development to combat new developments. So which ever you choose you should check them out (grc.com and firewallleaktester.com) with a view to protection and not just light on resources, etc.

See http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows-personal-firewall-analysis/leak-tests-results.php later set of results
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

drhayden1

« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2007, 01:34:24 AM »
Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4.18.184FREE    9475    Excellent
look who's still on top of the mountain ;)
page 7 coming soon ::)

may this thread end NOW please-i know i help it along somewhat
sorry-couldn't help it posting ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 01:38:54 AM by drhayden1 »

gdiloren

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2007, 02:22:38 AM »
Still am happily with Comodo :)