Author Topic: Comodo Personal Firewall: what do you like about it?  (Read 128248 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
Re: Comodo Personal Firewall: what do you like about it?
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2007, 06:17:10 AM »

may this thread end NOW please-i know i help it along somewhat
sorry-couldn't help it posting ;D

You bad bad fat lazy cat......when are you going to learn to behave yourself otheriwse you won't get fed, or you can just go outside and live on Rats. :P ;D
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

drhayden1

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2007, 11:37:19 AM »
when are you going to learn to behave yourself otheriwse you won't get fed, or you can just go outside and live on Rats.
ain't gonna happen-that's just the way garfield is-and he likes rats sometimes ::)
and SpeedyPC-where's your avatar-don't see it ;) what happened-garfield finally caught speedy ;D
this is what i see on my end here-
page 7 now huh!!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:53:00 PM by drhayden1 »

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2007, 06:13:15 AM »

what happened-garfield finally caught speedy ;D

You ate me!...................can I get out of your fat tummy ;D..........I don't mind getting out the otherway if you light a match ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:15:06 AM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Hannu

« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2007, 06:36:07 PM »
I hope avast! firewall will be free, just like home edition is  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2007, 04:48:11 AM »
Yes, it will. There will be a paid version also.
The best things in life are free.

Rafel

« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2007, 10:56:28 PM »
Yes, it will. There will be a paid version also.
This is the problem, free and paid versions?
Well, if COMODO offers the best firewall for free, without restrictions... ZA free and Outpost free, you can see the results.
There isn't a full free AV, but if there is a full FW, and also is one of the bests FW...

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2007, 12:05:15 AM »
Outpost free hasn't been developed for years, it really shouldn't be even considered, it is still 1.0 when outpost pro is version4.0.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2007, 12:29:07 AM »
Well, if COMODO offers the best firewall for free, without restrictions... ZA free and Outpost free, you can see the results.
There isn't a full free AV, but if there is a full FW, and also is one of the bests FW...
You're fully right. Now I see that I'm not sure that will be a free and a paid version.
The free must be full firewall. Although it could not include, for instance, HIPS and let is only for paid version.
But, you're right, why do we need a 'half' firewall for free... or it works or it does not.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2007, 01:11:58 AM »
You're fully right. Now I see that I'm not sure that will be a free and a paid version.
The free must be full firewall. Although it could not include, for instance, HIPS and let is only for paid version.
But, you're right, why do we need a 'half' firewall for free... or it works or it does not.

Exactly ! And if it's some kind of half-good product, I don't care if it's free million of times, they can even give me some money with that free version, but I still wouldn't take it. I need something that's fully functional like you guys mentioned, OK maybe without some extra features, but fully functional firewall that will protect my Windows machine. If it's not good as I mentioned already, it can be million times free, I wouldn't touch it...
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

the Tester

« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2007, 10:59:58 PM »
I'm a Comodo firewall user and there are a few negatives but the positives in my experience outweigh the negatives.

What I like about Comodo firewall:
1)It gets Tru Stealth at Sheilds Up.
2)It's easy to use.
3)The developer has been responsive to complaints/suggestions.A good example of this was the high resource issue in the early version of CPF.Comodo lowered RAM usage in a short period of time.
4)The program is also configurable to a certain extent.

These observations are based on version 2.4.
Version 3 promises to be a much different beast. ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2007, 11:05:33 PM »
What I like about Comodo firewall
What do you dislike?

Version 3 promises to be a much different beast. ;)
I'm using it on Vista. Quite impressive 8)

the Tester

« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2007, 11:19:13 PM »
What I really disliked was Comodo Launch Pad!
It was a nuisance and they changed the program to eliminate having that start up.
Anything I didn't like has been fixed.

Happy to hear that you have the new version running successfully.
I like what little I have seen of it.
Comodo has a lot of interesting ideas.I have to wonder if all of those ideas are going to slow down the development and release of that version.Potentially more bugs to fix.I like the potential in version 3.0.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2007, 11:37:48 PM »
What I really disliked was Comodo Launch Pad!
It was a nuisance and they changed the program to eliminate having that start up.
Anything I didn't like has been fixed.
It was only present on early versions, I think version 2 hasn't it anymore. Oh, it's installed on the disk, under Comodo folder, but does not load at Windows startup.

drhayden1

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2007, 11:54:50 PM »
Comodo Launch Pad
hey tech....what was it or what was it purpose ::) ???
page 8 coming soon ;)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 12:12:48 AM by drhayden1 »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2007, 09:26:48 AM »
Guys, could you please stop hijacking this thread? I mean it. :(
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.