Author Topic: broken, scratchy audio/video  (Read 15302 times)

Jason237

Re: broken, scratchy audio/video
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 12:30:34 AM »
I'm not using P2P shield, just Standard Shield.
What do you mean? Did you disable P2P provider? Did you uninstall P2P provider?

Disabled.

seeyuh

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2007, 06:41:45 AM »
ok, I hvnt had time to search about codecs, but I will!  How about, for some reason, avast uses 'alotta' resources on this computer? [I only got 512?]

BUT I think its more than that, cuz it hung [avast] for awhile, then Ihad to restart, then I had the rhythmic skip. I gotta lotta stuff going on right now so I cant keep right on top of this, but this dv5k is a good lil computer, and I'd like to educate myself and conquer this thing. I personally think its a direct X thing, but I get nuthin' from MS, or HP, for that matter. It doesnt seem to be that hard a thing to solve given it is so specific. I'll just take it to one o' those computer repair shops, I know a couple reputable ones, from my friends.

a corrupted dll? codec? I'm 'stoopid.'

thanks anyway!

seeyuh

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 06:38:53 PM »
bump

ifihadonechance

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2007, 05:16:07 AM »
Hey seeyuh,
I see that it has been a while since I posted on this Topic.

It's great that you got alot of posts!

For free codecs go to free-codecs.com and see what you can find.

I would like to thank you for the first few posts and responding fast.

Thanks!

Joshua

seeyuh

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 05:33:56 PM »
Thanks. [been away, vacation]  I found all kinds of codecs sites, but I don't know what I'm doing yet.  All this computer stuff comes self-taught. [I'm good at wrenchin' on my motorbikes, tho.]

I also notice that my HD lite blinks in time with the skip, if thats symptomatic....

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007, 05:50:40 PM »
Care has to be exercised as searches for free codecs returns a high number of sites where you will get more than a codec when you visit and download. The same seems to be true when you go searching for free screen savers, both of these seem to be hooks to try and get many hit from search engines to infect those visiting the site/s.

I would suggest you check any URL against the likes of site advisor, http://www.siteadvisor.com/ to ensure they have a clean bill of health not to mention it is probably worth running any file downloaded against VirusTotal multi-engine AV scan.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security