Other > Viruses and worms

Does anyone know about "prosearching.com"?

(1/5) > >>

Red1970:
Our 4 year old son managed to download some software for a search engine site called prosearching.com. You wouldn't believe the crap that was loaded onto our system. I've deleted most of it, but the bloody task bar of theirs pops up onto pur system everytime we sign on. It must be hidden in a file under a non-related name. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks!

whocares:
Hi,

install ad-aware, spybot and cwshredder.. update them, scan and let them fix the items found.. repeat the scan/fix

if the problem is still not solved then, post a log of hijackthis here

Download-links available via the board search ;)

jfisher:
Woot! I found it, search your hard drive for acid.exe, this is the offending file.  It is always in use, so you cannot delete it and hijack this cannot remove it.  I have 2 partitions, so I booted into the other and searched and removed it.  You can probably remove it from dos as well or possibly from safe mode.  Good luck.

MikeR:
I've tried Spybot and CWShredder.  Neither one gets rid of prosearching.com.  I don't have a file on my hard drive named acid.exe or acid.anthing.     This thing is driving me crazy.  Besides dropping offinsive junk on my desktop, I can't get rid of their pop-up everytime I launch my browser.  Help!!!!!!!!

raman:
You could post a Hijackthis log here, to see which file is causing it.

Download: http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/hijackthis1977.zip

Just press scan and then save log. Copy the content of the upcoming Editor here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version