Author Topic: Weekly Scan runs 24hrs earlier than scheduled settings  (Read 1585 times)

Offline llanedeyrnjack

Weekly Scan runs 24hrs earlier than scheduled settings
« on: August 05, 2021, 09:34:16 PM »
Hi,

Have seen a couple of posts regarding scans not running at scheduled time & have followed the advice to

a) repair Avast through 'troubleshooting'
b) reinstall Avast using clear.exe, then using the installer

This does not solve the issue. My PC clock is correct & although I know that it will scan one day earlier than set I would rather it worked correctly.

I do a Full Scan on the 1st of every month & this operates fine, so the date setting is good but not the day setting.

I am using Avast Free 21.6.2474 build 21.6.6446.682

Any advice?

TIA

llanedeyrnjack
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 09:38:05 PM by llanedeyrnjack »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Weekly Scan runs 24hrs earlier than scheduled settings
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 11:22:20 AM »
Hi,

Are you running both a monthly and weekly scan, and only the weekly scan is not correct? Could you please provide the date and time settings and the type of scan? Also, is the device on and connected to the internet at the time set for the scan?
Please also provide a support file ID. To generate the support file, please see this link.
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-support-file

Offline llanedeyrnjack

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 01:05:10 PM »
Hi R@vast,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the monthly scan is good to go but the weekly scan is incorrect.

I run a Monthly "Full Virus Scan" on the 1st of the month @ 11.00am,
I also run a Weekly "Quick Scan" normally on a Wednesday @ 19.30pm but have varied this recently to try to get it to run correctly. It is currently set to Friday @ 19.30pm & it actually started and ran last night (Thursday)

My PC is on at all times & connected to the internet at the time set for both scans.

File ID: 0TICE

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 11:08:48 AM »
Hi R@vast,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the monthly scan is good to go, but the weekly scan is incorrect.

I run a Monthly "Full Virus Scan" on the 1st of the month @ 11.00am,
I also run a Weekly "Quick Scan" normally on a Wednesday @ 19.30pm but have varied this recently to try to get it to run correctly. It is currently set to Friday @ 19.30pm & it actually started and ran last night (Thursday)

My PC is on at all times & connected to the internet at the time set for both scans.

File ID: 0TICE

Hi,

Thank you for the information.
Our developers will look into this issue, but there is no ETA for a fix.