Author Topic: Unable to install Avast Premium Security on Mac  (Read 1335 times)

Offline 0lily0

Unable to install Avast Premium Security on Mac
« on: July 31, 2021, 04:55:45 PM »
I can't install it. The first time I ran the installation package, I got until the System Extension Blocked message. It didn't show the Open System Preferences button. Only OK or Cancel. I chose OK. I got a second System Extension Blocked message and replied OK too. After a minute or so I got a screen that says installation failed. Never got asked about Downloads folder permissions before the systems extension blocked message like it says here:
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/87/?option=mac

I tried to run the installation again, didn't get any System Extension Blocked message. The screen remained at "running package scripts" for a while and after that it says installation failed. The Go Back button goes back for a second to the Chrome installation screen and goes back to the installation failed. SO quick that you can't even untick the Chrome installation option.
I tried twice more with the same result.
I went to System Preferences and I don't have any option asking for special permissions like sometimes happens with other apps.
I'm running Big Sur 11.5. It's a 16" MacBook Pro.