Author Topic: SMS trojans detecting with the free edition?  (Read 2448 times)

Offline laller2121

SMS trojans detecting with the free edition?
« on: August 02, 2021, 06:28:29 PM »
Hello!

I use Avast Antivirus – Mobile Security & Virus Cleaner under android 10 (free edition).
I read in the description: threat types: SMS trojans (sms stealing /SMS sending)

So.
If my system infected with the so-called sms bomber app, or other sms-based malware, the Avast resident shield will detect it?

Thanks

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: SMS trojans detecting with the free edition?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 11:40:40 AM »
Hi,

If the malware app is installed on your device, then yes it will be detected. If not on your device but you are receiving a lot of SMSes, it can't be blocked.

Offline laller2121

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 01:17:15 PM »
 If not on your device but you are receiving a lot of SMSes, it can't be blocked.

But my fear is not that I'm going to get a bunch of text messages from all sorts of unknown people.

It's that it's me, my phone, sending out hundreds of SMS because of malware.
And I'm not even aware of it, because these SMSs sent by these rogue applications don't show up in the SMS sent list.

That's what I'm afraid of!

Avast finds nothing on my phone anyway, everything is "green"

Hi,

If the malware app is installed on your device, then yes it will be detected. If not on your device but you are receiving a lot of SMSes, it can't be blocked.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 02:46:03 PM »
If not on your device but you are receiving a lot of SMSes, it can't be blocked.

But my fear is not that I'm going to get a bunch of text messages from all sorts of unknown people.

It's that it's me, my phone, sending out hundreds of SMS because of malware.
And I'm not even aware of it, because these SMSs sent by these rogue applications don't show up in the SMS sent list.

That's what I'm afraid of!

Avast finds nothing on my phone anyway, everything is "green"

Hi,

Hi,

If your device is sending SMS messages (without your knowledge) and Avast has not detected any malware then I suggest that you open a case with us. You can do so directly via the Avast Mobile Security app.