Author Topic: False Positive  (Read 1138 times)

Offline KDiggydog

False Positive
« on: August 03, 2021, 12:20:03 AM »
I have a Wordpress Multisite network that uses the same code on several domain names. All of these domain names are showing a malware threat according to AVG/Avast Antivirus software. However, I have expensive servers with very high-level security and run virus and malware scans on a normal basis, all of which have come up negative. Also, Google and several other antivirus services all show my sites as negative for malware as well. 

I've reported this as a false positive many times and it's been almost 10 days and I have not heard back from anyone at AVG or Avast. This is hurting my website traffic and I would like to have my domains whitelisted and removed from the malware index. 
​​​​​​​

Thank you! 

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: False Positive
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 12:41:25 AM »
Without mentioning any of the domain names it is hard to even check.

As far as I'm aware there is no whitelisting of sites (unlike whitelisting of digitally signed files) due the the changeability of sites.

Reporting Possible False Positive File or Website - https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php.
You should get a response in a day or two. Obviously this can only be done on a site by site basis, but if they are all getting the same alert URL:Phishing (and it is proven to be a false positive), etc. then resolving one may filter across, if it i IP related (multiple sites on the same IP).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: False Positive
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 11:47:02 AM »
I advise you to just to check and do a quick and dirty here: https://hackertarget.com/wordpress-security-scan/

As DavidR says, wait for a final verdict from avast team,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!