Author Topic: Search Engine re-direct BUG sends users to misc pages ...aaaaaaak! Help.  (Read 8953 times)

mauserme

2. ...do I need to fix the 017's and get a fresh HJT Log? If so please instruct. SO FAR the fix seems to have worked I think.., since I have done a search and it no longer "re-directes" me to a bogus page.
Sorry everyone - I'm at work and trying to jump in when I can.  Its been busy ...

Yes, those should be fixed.

3. Do I need to delete the fixware program or any of the other reg/fix programs, once  used?
Not yet.  Fix the lines and post a new HJT log first.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Hi dleske,

Did you run the fix like it should, just like it is explained with pictures there on the bleeping.computer page? Just run it - load the findings, then push the fix button and then reboot... Did you read all the instructions?
You can show your appreciation to come and visit this site and maybe later help others, we're all volunteers here, some with somewhat more experience then others, but we stand on each other's shoulders, and that is making us TALL.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Your assistance is invaluable, let me know if there is any way I can show my appreciation ok.  :)
See my signature... Use Mozy (not just sign in, but use) 8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
1 & 2. it looks like it confirms the O17 entries were suspect and should be fixed, though the fixwareout tool would appear to have changed the values in the registry, running HJT again should confirm this.

All of those helping you on this are avast users (just like you) volunteering their time to help other avast users.

Welcome to the forums.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:27:58 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security