Author Topic: about a virus  (Read 2013 times)

yannickac10

about a virus
« on: July 16, 2007, 05:44:07 PM »
my name is yannickac10 excuse me about my english. my problem is this one: i use avast 4.7 home edition but the problem is that avast has some virus in my computer but he don't destroys this one he put only in quarantain. what can i do to destroy this virus.please help me :(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: about a virus
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 06:36:24 PM »
Deletion isn't really a good first option (you have none left), 'first do no harm' don't delete, send virus to the chest and investigate.

What are the malware names, the infected file names, where were they found e.g. (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ? 
Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections.

Which is the one it couldn't destroy and what reason was given why it couldn't destroy it ?
The most common reason is the file is in use and if that were correct them moving to the chest should also be effected.

There is no rush to delete anything from the chest (quarantine), a protected area where it can do no harm. Anything that you send to the chest you should leave there for a few weeks. If after that time you have suffered no adverse effects from moving these to the chest, scan them again (inside the chest) and if they are still detected as viruses, delete them.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security