Author Topic: Cleanup (re)Installation failed  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Sayla

Cleanup (re)Installation failed
« on: September 17, 2021, 06:50:22 PM »
I have Cleanup premium on my computer for a while, and recently it started causing problems with some programs that were in sleep mode - especially Adobe Acrobat Reader that would not start. When I would try to run Cleanup premium, it would not open and after waiting a while, a pop up with something like "oooops, this is not supposed to happen, try to reinstall the app" would be displayed.
So I tried to do that - I uninstalled Cleanup and tried to install it again. I tried several times, restarted the computer, downloaded the .exe file from Avast web page and tried to install it directly from Avast Premium security UI. In all cases I get the same message - "Unable to save files to computer's disk, there is probably not enough space. Free some disk space and run the installer again."
I have more than 50GB free disk space, so that's not it. In the log I can see that there are problems with creating folders (e.g. ActionCommit: Failed due to disk operation Exception: Unable to create directory 'C:\Program Files\Avast Software\Cleanup\avast.local_vc142.crt'!) but those folders already exist.
What can I do? Should I delete these folders manually?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Cleanup (re)Installation failed
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 11:55:57 AM »
I have Cleanup premium on my computer for a while, and recently it started causing problems with some programs that were in sleep mode - especially Adobe Acrobat Reader that would not start. When I would try to run Cleanup premium, it would not open and after waiting a while, a pop up with something like "oooops, this is not supposed to happen, try to reinstall the app" would be displayed.
So I tried to do that - I uninstalled Cleanup and tried to install it again. I tried several times, restarted the computer, downloaded the .exe file from Avast web page and tried to install it directly from Avast Premium security UI. In all cases I get the same message - "Unable to save files to computer's disk, there is probably not enough space. Free some disk space and run the installer again."
I have more than 50GB free disk space, so that's not it. In the log I can see that there are problems with creating folders (e.g. ActionCommit: Failed due to disk operation Exception: Unable to create directory 'C:\Program Files\Avast Software\Cleanup\avast.local_vc142.crt'!) but those folders already exist.
What can I do? Should I delete these folders manually?

Hi,

First of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.

Now in order to be able to help you, I would like to ask you to provide us with logs. Since you do not have the product currently installed (or at least not in its original "shape") I would recommend you to follow this Support article where you can download our Support tool which will collect and send the logs for you: https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Submit-support-file.

As a second step you could try to delete the problematic folder/files such as "C:\Program Files\Avast Software\Cleanup\avast.local_vc142.crt" but we assume that there might be a problem with access rights on your PC so you might not be even able to delete it on your own.

We will get back to you when we analyze the logs to see what went wrong there.

Thank you!