Author Topic: * Introducing * - beta version of upcoming avast update (now 4.7.1026)  (Read 29368 times)

MeDIeVaL

Re: * Introducing * - beta version of upcoming avast update (4.7.1024)
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2007, 04:29:59 PM »

I've found this issue (i'm not sure if it existed before). If i perform on-demand scan using Thorough mode and "Scan Archives" option i get these errors. Using right click scan doesn't produce such errors.
File in question is ZoneAlarm installer. Problem is only that it's 40MB in size. Should i upload ZoneAlarm installer to your FTP ?

I experienced the same problem when repairing my friend's laptop. I thought it was virus, huhuhuhuh...  :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
MeDIeVaL, is this problem related to the beta version? I mean, doesn't the stable version detect it too? Or the new archive scanners is going deeper in this case?
Anyway, seems a false positive.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
First have you/they updated as the latest beta version is 4.7.1026 as the Main Title of this indicates ?

As Tech said this would appear to be a beta version issue.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

MeDIeVaL

avast! version in my system is 4.7.1001 build May 2007. I've scanned my system so many times but never see this thing. I've only experienced it when I've installed avast! latest version to my friend's laptop. I don't really remember the exact version (4,7.XXXX) but I've downloaded it last week.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The current regular release is the one you have, 4.7.1001.

If the problem is unrelated to the beta version of avast (I don't believe it is other than co-incidence with RejZoR's post) then you should create a new topic, so as not to confuse this one about the beta version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
If the problem is unrelated to the beta version of avast (I don't believe it is other than co-incidence with RejZoR's post) then you should create a new topic, so as not to confuse this one about the beta version.
Yes, please...

MeDIeVaL

Frankly, I won't update my current version if the latest version only a beta. I worth to wait for the final/official version. Most beta software causing system unstable. Futhermore, computer is not my expertise (I'm majoring in mechanical eng (aeronautical)) so if it goes s'thing wrong with my system I'm really sure what to do. So better play safe...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
We are not asking you to update to the beta version, just post your problem, outside a topic about the beta version. This way it can be dealt with as a problem with the current version and doesn't confuse the topic about the beta version.

MeDIeVaL

We are not asking you to update to the beta version, just post your problem, outside a topic about the beta version. This way it can be dealt with as a problem with the current version and doesn't confuse the topic about the beta version.

Mine is 4.7.1001 but the one I've installed in my friend's laptop got the similar problems. I've downloaded last week so that's mean maybe it's the beta version. I just can't remember the 7.XXXX correctly but you still can check it out what version lies within the web for last week right?

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
I've downloaded last week so that's mean maybe it's the beta version.
No not unless you specifically downloaded the beta installer.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks

Mine is 4.7.1001 but the one I've installed in my friend's laptop got the similar problems. I've downloaded last week so that's mean maybe it's the beta version. I just can't remember the 7.XXXX correctly but you still can check it out what version lies within the web for last week right?

As I said in an earlier post "The current regular release is the one you have, 4.7.1001."

Jem

Occasionally I can 'hop' to a next level menu if I move the mouse fast enough, but it's 'hit and miss'!
This happened before... I don't think this is related to this beta particularly.
Did you change the 'menu timeout' with some tweaker program?

Tech, you're quite right and I couldn't remember why or if there was a resolution then...anyway...you sir, are a genius! I had Menu speed set at full whack using TweakUI, turned it down a couple of notches and...no problem! I do have a question about the MS Outlook 'Delete Sub-Menu' though. Using skins the fonts get slightly 'muzzed' (see attachment) - could this be fixed in the next version? (...for the sake of tidiness!!) If so, should I post it there as a request or will you move this there...?

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Tech, you're quite right and I couldn't remember why or if there was a resolution then...anyway...you sir, are a genius! I had Menu speed set at full whack using TweakUI, turned it down a couple of notches and...no problem!
Not a genius... just have some experience here and there... oh, maybe a good memory ;D

I do have a question about the MS Outlook 'Delete Sub-Menu' though. Using skins the fonts get slightly 'muzzed' (see attachment) - could this be fixed in the next version? (...for the sake of tidiness!!) If so, should I post it there as a request or will you move this there...?
I hope they correct this... but, anyway, did you try another skin? Does the problem persist with other skin?

Jem

I do have a question about the MS Outlook 'Delete Sub-Menu' though. Using skins the fonts get slightly 'muzzed' (see attachment) - could this be fixed in the next version? (...for the sake of tidiness!!) If so, should I post it there as a request or will you move this there...?
I hope they correct this... but, anyway, did you try another skin? Does the problem persist with other skin?

In fact yes - tried with 5 skins w the same result.

Edit: Should I post this again re: the new version Wishlist? I guess this really a GUI bug though...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 11:59:08 AM by Jem »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Edit: Should I post this again re: the new version Wishlist? I guess this really a GUI bug though...
The wishlist is not for bugs (in theory).
It's good to post here. I hope they take a look on this one. Which is your monitor resolution?