Author Topic: Connection Problem  (Read 1998 times)

baer

Connection Problem
« on: July 23, 2007, 09:54:06 PM »
Since I install a new PC last week I have the folloing problem. If I surf into the internet with IE 7 and XP Professionell with all updates,
after some minutes all connections to the internet are blocked. In my local network 3 PC's I can do erverything. If I stop avast for a short time in my taskbar and start it directly again all internet sites work correctly.

I have the ashampoo firewall install also in the newest version.

Yesterday I try to deinstall avast and install it again the result is the same.

Who can help me?

Thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Connection Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 11:53:22 PM »
I think the stopping avast and restarting is co-incidental as avast should either work all the time or not at all, which is basically confirmed by you uninstall of avast.

There have been a few topics on the forum relating to ashampoo firewall (so a search of the forums might reveal something), some have switched to another firewall after experiencing issues with it.

You could try Comodo firewall or PCTools Firewall and see if that resolves the issue, you would have to uninstall ashampoo first though.

See some firewall tests for comparison, some are freeware but many are paid for versions http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.php. Also see http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows-personal-firewall-analysis/leak-tests-results.php later set of results

ashampoo doesn't do very well in the matousec.com tests and doesn't even get tested in the firewallleaktester.com tests as it is relatively new.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Connection Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 04:38:34 AM »
For any reason, is ashWebSv.exe blocked into ashampoo firewall?
Does this happen with other browsers?
I also recommend Comodo Personal Firewall instead of Ashampoo one.
The best things in life are free.