Author Topic: Adobe Flash pages load slowly with Avast!  (Read 2410 times)

blueRidgeMtns

Adobe Flash pages load slowly with Avast!
« on: July 29, 2007, 02:14:41 AM »
I just got a new Dell desktop with Intel Core2 Duo and 2 gigs of RAM.  It came pre-installed with Norton.  I uninstalled Norton and installed Avast!  Now some webpages are opening really slowly.

My daughter plays games on a site that's entirely built with Adobe Flash.  When she goes to a new page it takes about 30 seconds to load.  It used to take 4-6 seconds with Norton.  The pages have a meter that shows how much of the page has been loaded (common with Flash pages) and I can see as the page is loading the meter will go up when the Avast! globe spins in the system tray and the meter will stop when the globe stops.  The Avast! globe spins on and off as the page loads.

It's unusual behavior but it first started when I uninstalled Norton and installed Avast!  (I can tell Norton was completely uninstalled - I do not have both running simultaneously.)  I searched the forums and didn't find anything about this.  I've got to have a fairly new version of Adobe Flash since the PC is less than 2 months old.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Adobe Flash pages load slowly with Avast!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 02:53:35 AM »
There may still be some remnants of NAV, it can be a real pig to get rid of.

A link worth looking at, which is a program removal tool that can remove the remnants of a number of different Norton Programs:
Removing your Norton program using SymNRT
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Adobe Flash pages load slowly with Avast!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 03:56:39 AM »
I have to second the suggestion of David.  I have a machine with very similar specs and I have never seen a Flash page take more than a second or two to load.