Author Topic: Error vista stop runing...  (Read 38333 times)

Catenaccio

Re: Error vista stop runing...
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 02:10:56 PM »
OK, got the dump. Thanks for posting it, now it's much clearer.

The problem seems to be caused by a driver called AsDsm.sys (located in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers). Can anyone of you guys please send this file to my email address (I'd appreciate one 32-bit and one 64-bit version).

Thanks
Vlk

I've just send the file. Mine is a Vista 64 bit, although the file was in the System32 folder (I don't know if that's relevant). The driver seems to be a "Data Security Manager Driver", produced by "Windows (R) Codename Longhorn DDK provider".

Good luck with it!  :)

morispoli

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 02:16:22 PM »
same problem as yours.
notebook asus F53Zs
CPU dual core 2 7300
vista ultimate French language
after updating avast vista doesn't load anymore, it's a conflict with asus drivers, since I run on my HP desktop vista ultimate and the latest avast version without problem

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 02:48:29 PM »
Do you have anything that's called "Asus Data Security Manager" installed on your machine?
I tried searching for it on Google but didn't find anything... Do you have the software available e.g. on the CD's that came with the laptop?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

|2shy|

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 03:11:34 PM »
I don't have the laptop with me but that proggie is on the drivers CD

"File list for the included support software for F3Sc/F3Sv Series notebook Vista Driver CD V1.0"
--ADSM       -ASUS Data Security Manager utility for Windows Vista      (V1.00.0001)"

Do you want it?

PS: I just found an updated version for my model @ ASUS support. Maybe it fixes something pertaining to this problem?
I'll only have the chance to check it next Thursday, when the laptop (and the wife ;)) will be returning home.

Maybe someone else can try it in the meantime

Vista 32bit
Version    V1.00.0004    2007/06/21 update
Description    ASUS Data Security Manager Utility / ASUS Data Security Manager Utility for Vista

Global link: http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/F9Dc/ADSM_Vista_070621.zip
USA Link: http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/F9Dc/ADSM_Vista_070621.zip
Europe Link: http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/F9Dc/ADSM_Vista_070621.zip
China Link: http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/F9Dc/ADSM_Vista_070621.zip
Japan link: http://dlsvr05.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/F9Dc/ADSM_Vista_070621.zip

Maybe with those links to the last version available will be faster than zipping and mailing?
(If those links are against any forum rule just let me know and i' ll delete them immediately)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 03:39:02 PM by |2shy| »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 03:23:11 PM »
Yeah, it would be quite useful to take a look at it...

Thanks
Vlk

serge38

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 04:58:03 PM »
I am French, Sorry for my english

I assure you well that I had had for 20 days the version Avast 4.7.1001 and I had any problem. I had the green screen Avast proposing a new version (4.7.1029) to me I do not have to ask for scan, after the avast installation my to ask to start again. I have to start again WITHOUT having SCAN and I have the initials “Windows Vista ultimate” then the black screen and the mouse activates ..... blocking! In mode without failure, I have desinstaller completely avast. I reinstalled an old version which I had safeguarded (4.7.986) and there not problem, but Avast requires a new levelling of me. If I makes this levelling I find the same problem. I am thus obliged to satisfy me with version 4.7.986 with all them risks that that comprises…. Thank you for your assistance.
 ===================
j’avais depuis 20 jours la version Avast 4.7.1001
et j’avais aucun problème.
J’ai eu l’écran vert Avast me proposant une nouvelle version (4.7.1029) je n’ai
pas demander de scan, après l’installation avast ma demander de redémarrer.
J’ai redémarrer SANS avoir de SCAN et J’ai le sigle « windows vista
ultimate » puis l’écran noir et la souris active….. blocage !
En mode sans échec, j’ai desinstaller complètement avast.
J’ai réinstallé une ancienne version que j’avais sauvegardé (4.7.986) et là
pas de problème, mais Avast me demande une nouvelle mise a niveau.
Si je fait cette mise a niveau je retrouve le même problème.

Je suis donc obligé de me contenter de la version 4.7.986 avec tous les
risques que cela comporte….

Merci de votre aide.

Hellfire

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 11:10:21 PM »
Hi! I have the same problem with my Swedish Vista Business 32 bit, but i dont have an Asus laptop, my computer is a stationary with an Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi-AP motherboard and an asus 8600GTS Graphichs card. The only Asus software i had installed was the Asus Wifi-AP Solo but uninstalling that didn't solve the problem. It looks like an asus problem but i havent installed anything but the wireless from the original asus discs and it didn't help uninstalling that

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2007, 09:56:45 AM »
Hellfire, check if there's the AsDsm.sys file in your \windows\system32\drivers folder.

Thanks
Vlk

Hellfire

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2007, 12:15:55 PM »
No I don't have that file on my computer.

Darklancer

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2007, 03:54:03 PM »
I currently own a G1S bought from Taiwan and it was preinstalled with Microsoft Office 2007 trial. A few days ago I bought Office Home and Student 2007 and went back home to install on it. That was when Avast prompted me to install the new version. And I did but I didn't restart my laptop just yet. I went on to uninstall Office 2007 trial and Activation Assistant for Microsoft Office 2007 suites. Then I restart my laptop. As what this topic is about, windows didn't start up and there was only just a black screen with the mouse cursor. So I restarted my laptop again, went into safe mode and system restore to the day before I update Avast. (after I found out that it was caused by Avast's new version having conflict with some Asus softwares.)

After system restore, Avast prompted me to restart my laptop for the new version to take effect. I didn't and went on to uninstall Avast, Office 2007 trial and it's Activation Assistant. I was unable to uninstall Office trial and it's Activation Assistant with an error which I assume some files were missing when I was uninstalling them before system restore. This kind of little things bugs me and as you can see here, there's nothing I can do about it because if I system restore back to the day I bought my Office Home and Student 2007 edition, naturally my Windows will not even start up.

So I decided to do a clean install with it's recovery disk. As usual, there will be a lot of bloatware installed. Did some search and came across this forum http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=141156&highlight=g1s+bloatware. As far as I can remember, I uninstalled Check Mail, Power Phone, Symantic AV Suite, ASUS LiveUpdate, Net4Switch, Multiframe and Data security Manager. Also installed Avast previous version as suggested by Vlk.

Just got back home today and check here to see if there's any progress on this problem. Saw that the problem seems to be caused by Data security Manager. Since I have it uninstalled already, I decide to give it a go again updating Avast to the latest version. Restarted my laptop and windows started up normally.  ;D

Sorry for my long story but I hope it helps. ;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:58:42 PM by Darklancer »

Picc2001

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2007, 09:25:32 PM »
Not AsDsm.sys file in my notebook....

Vista 32 bits. F3SV

REDACTED

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2007, 12:01:46 PM »
Hi,

Small workaround :
I have the same problem. Asus laptop G1S with Vista Home premium Oem French.
After the upfrade to the latest build, black screen on the vista boot with only the white cursor.
After reading the different posts, I've boot in safe mode and uninstall the Asus Data Security Management.
Now it works fine.

Hope this helps.

yannick

JEROME42

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2007, 09:17:05 PM »
I'm french and i have a ASUS G1S and i have the same problem. But i think a lot of asus have this problem because asus notebook was sold with avast on a cd. (windows vista home edition)

air1kdf

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2007, 05:14:22 PM »
Same problem here.  Black screen, white cursor, and all disk activity stops. 

BTW whats the best way to get it to reboot?  Holding down the power doesn't work, so I've been pulling the battery.

Asus laptop G1S, T7300, 2GB ram, Vista Home Premium, English, bought from Best Buy.  Great machine, just this one issue. 

Ironically enough, it ships with Norton.  I didn't run Norton, and removed it all from loading in memory.

I do have AsDsm.drv in windows\system32\drivers.

picoloco

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2007, 06:12:55 PM »
I'm happy to see i'm not the only one.
I got an ASUS notebook A7S and every time it tries to update it stops.
So, I'm waiting for ASUS support to solve the issue.
I don't update with th eenglish version and it works.
With the french vers, it stops after the first restart.
So, avast support told me the work on it....
wait and see
Bye