Author Topic: Windows Security Center no longer sees Avast.  (Read 5427 times)

pmccork

Windows Security Center no longer sees Avast.
« on: July 29, 2007, 08:48:20 PM »
For some odd reason, WSC says that I no longer have Avast installed on my system where previously it was seeing it just fine.  I'm running WinXP SP2 about as updated as you can get.  I have Avast 4.7 Home Edition updated properly.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

perry

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Windows Security Center no longer sees Avast.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 09:11:51 PM »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

pmccork

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 05:04:12 AM »
Hey David,

I've followed both suggestions outlined at the link provided and neither method appears to be working for me.  For the first and older method, the folder that is supposed to be recreated after restarting the system, the folder fails to be created and for the second, when typing in the specified command at the command prompt, it states that *rundll32 is not recognized as a internal or external command operable program or batch file*   ???

pmccork

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 01:17:39 PM »
Hey David!

I found after a short process of elimination that some software that i borrowed from a friend was causing all the trouble.  everything cleared right up after uninstalling it.  Lesson learned!  Thanks for your help and patience!   ;D

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 01:32:40 PM »
Just for our records, can you please tell us the name of the software? Maybe you're not alone who has this problem...

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

pmccork

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 01:47:55 PM »
It was Diskeeper 2007 but it was a downloaded version.   ::)

gdiloren

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 02:01:54 PM »
System Safety Monitor 2.0.8.583. When you put a password in it, altough Comodo is on and running, WSC says the firewall is OFF. I had to remove the password. On my system yesterday I lost PrevX 2.0:for some reason, I couldn't open it and while it asked to reinstall the product, the uninstall was incomplete and the setups were aborting. What a day!!! Even AVG antirootkit wouldn't open leaving some suspicion about some unknown malware infection. On Safe Mode, it opens but upon scanning it first wants to reboot.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 02:26:53 PM »
Hey David!

I found after a short process of elimination that some software that i borrowed from a friend was causing all the trouble.  everything cleared right up after uninstalling it.  Lesson learned!  Thanks for your help and patience!   ;D

No problem, welcome to the forums.

It was Diskeeper 2007 but it was a downloaded version.   ::)

That is a surprise, I wouldn't have though that this would interfere with the WSC detections unless its defrag actions corrupted a file and then an uninstall wouldn't have resolved the corruption, very strange, computers.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security