Author Topic: Virus on my laptop this morning...  (Read 2169 times)

Jem

Virus on my laptop this morning...
« on: July 31, 2007, 10:03:33 AM »
Copy of the text from the e-mail I just sent to Alwil:

Tried sending the files from the Chest on my other machine via MAPI, but Outlook 2003 removed the attachments and I had an ‘Undeliverable’ message back from the virus@avast.com e-mail address. Tried sending again via SMTP and it seemed to go, but thought I’d send you the e-mail warnings I received on this (my Office machine) as well. Let me know what you think – I’ve posted on the forum as well in case this e-mail bounces as well.

Thanks

Here's the text from the warning e-mails:

avast! [LAPTOP]: File "C:\Program Files\LtUcx\ucx0.dll" is infected by "Win32:Agent-JQF [Trj]" virus.
"Resident protection (Standard Shield)" task used Version of current VPS file is 000762-4, 30.07.2007

avast! [LAPTOP]: File "C:\PROGRA~1\LtUcx\1003\c0.dll" is infected by "Win32:Agent-JQF [Trj]" virus.
"Resident protection (Standard Shield)" task used Version of current VPS file is 000762-4, 30.07.2007

I have allowed Avast to move both to the chest, and I then deleted the 'LtUcx' folder as it still existed.

Any ideas?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Virus on my laptop this morning...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 10:39:09 AM »
There's no need to send the files to virus at avast dot com if they're detected by avast (unless you believe they're false positive, which doesn't seem to be the case, given the suspicious name 'LtUcx' in the file name).

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Jem

Re: Virus on my laptop this morning...
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 11:33:41 AM »
Sorry - I'm in a bit of a rush to get out this morning, and maybe panicked a little...  :-[