Author Topic: New here, have a couple of ??  (Read 2385 times)

Avo

New here, have a couple of ??
« on: August 01, 2007, 01:31:28 PM »
Hi, I have installed the latest version of avast av home edition.

Just have a couple of quick questions-

1) I right clicked a file in my documents, I then clicked Scan "file name" the program opened up, showed the number of files being scanned and then closed without telling me if anything was found or not! Is this normal, or do you normally get a report? (see pic)

2) I have just tried an iAVS update and it showed as non available. I didn't hear a voice, when does the voice kick in/get used?
When I set the program up with all the updates I had my speakers off, so didn't hear anything :(

Thanks in advance for any help ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: New here, have a couple of ??
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 02:33:01 PM »
1. That is the whole point of a quick scan, nothing found, nothing reported, something found all hell breaks loose. You can change that by enabling the Show results of Explorer Extension, in the Program settings, Common.

2. What was the full error message ?
What is your firewall ?
Does it allow avast.setup internet access ?
- If it does delete the entry for it and do a manual update, this will force the firewall to ask permission again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Avo

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 02:45:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

Problem one has been solved, it now does what I want it to, thanks ;)

As for two, it's not an error message, it's just that I was expecting a voice sound of some sorts when it had finished doing it's thing! (pic)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 04:50:42 PM »
No problem, welcome to the forums.

You won't get a voice when you initiate a manual update as you would know it has taken place, that should only occur when the auto update has been completed to let you know it has been done.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Avo

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 06:56:05 PM »
Ahhh right, as long as I know...thanks again  ;)