Author Topic: Changing the avast voice?  (Read 15992 times)

zpyder

Changing the avast voice?
« on: July 31, 2007, 11:20:31 PM »
Am I the only person that thinks it'd be damn cool to change the "Virus database has been updated" voice to a pirate voice? It'd be more fitting with the name.

"Yargh, avast ye. The database has been updated. Shiver me timbers!"

That'd rock.

Re: Changing the avast voice?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 11:32:24 PM »
Hi zpyder & wellcome to the forum 8)
& why not, you are sure can change the voice notification, simply by editing the default *wav file, but in case of anything please be sure to make a backup copy of the originall one 8).
Take care. Rostik.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 12:19:42 AM »
Probably ;D

I never hear it anyway as I as a dial-up user have mine set to Ask when an update is available and because you acknowledge the update to install it you don't get the voice notification. 

There used to be a female voice which was good.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

tls

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 01:06:55 AM »
The second post of this thread   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=2986.0
has a link to download notifications in a female voice.  Just a pleasant female voice, though, not a pirate. ;D

I remembered this thread because I downloaded these sounds after the male voice announcing my virus database update nearly scared me out of my wits once when I was alone in my house.  (I am also on dial-up, but I have updates set to automatic on this computer, which usually works well.)

P.S.  The download link still works.   

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.