Author Topic: Avast Premium: Random Internet Drops & Interrupting my Local Area Connections  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Basti4

I just purchased the Avast Premium Security bundled together with Cleanup, SecureLine VPON, and AntiTrack yesterday and since then it has done nothing but give me headaches. Random drops of internet from 80-90 mbps down to 0-10 mbps, my computer needs a hard restart before it goes back to normal. The same goes for my Mouse Without Borders app, it randomly interrupts the Local Network. It either sometimes just disconnects the connection between my laptop and desktop or the lag on the mouse when I move it towards my laptop is too much that it is virtually unusable. The easy fix again is a restart of BOTH devices for it to work again. I've already perused forums on this topic and have followed a lot of the advice like disabling wifi inspector, disabling and enabling a lot of the protocols of core shield, turning off the VPN, uninstalling VPN, etc., and nothing has worked. I am a very heavy user of my PC as I work at home and any sudden interruptions will be really bad for me. Whats frustrating me a lot more is that I paid for a 2 year service and may have just wasted money for something that just interrupts my livelihood.

I hope I can get help with my problem.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
was your previous used security program avast?

If not have you removed it according to that vendors instructions ?

Instructions. https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Uninstall-other-antivirus/