Author Topic: Problem with Avast Home+OperaTor  (Read 4945 times)

mercurio

Problem with Avast Home+OperaTor
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:32:20 PM »
Hi all,

when I use the browser OperaTor, CPU usage goes to 100% with ashServ.exe: why?

I remember that OperaTor is a browser with integrated proxy server!!!!

Thanks.

:-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Problem with Avast Home+OperaTor
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 03:57:01 AM »
You might want to try running this tool: http://public.avast.com/~rypacek/userdump.exe

When the problem appears please start it with the following command:

userdump ashServ.exe

It will create a memory dump of running ashServ.exe process (in the file ashServ.dmp). Please upload the file to the ftp server (ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming) and send Vlk a mail about it. He will have a look at the dump if something unnatural is happening there. His email is: vlk (at) avast.com
The best things in life are free.

mercurio

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 04:56:25 PM »
Thank you. I'll do it!!!

;)

mercurio

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 01:51:28 PM »
Well, the problem is solved without doing something...... ???

It's better so.......  :)

mercurio

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 02:31:05 PM »
Sorry, the problem is came back again.

I tried to upload dump file to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming, but filezilla says: "226 Transfer done (but failed to open directory)."

???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 02:56:03 PM »
You can only upload/write you don't have read access to this folder. So that may be why you got the error.

Normally you report the file name here that you uploaded, e.g. mercurio-dump.zip or something like that so it is unique and not just the name of the original name of the dump file.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 10:40:16 PM »
I tried to upload dump file to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming, but filezilla says: "226 Transfer done (but failed to open directory)."
You won't have READ access to the ftp server, just write - so you won't even be able to see what you've just uploaded.

From Alwil team:
Note that uploading the files to FTP, without additional contact, is not a good idea. The FTP is not monitored - so unless we are expecting some files, we won't really see them. Besides, finding a folder of randomly-names files on FTP doesn't really say much about them. If we detect it - is it a false positive or something that we added recently? If not - is it a false positive that was already fixed? Is it a virus sample? Is it just some random file some warez guys tried to upload to the FTP? So, please, don't upload the files to the ftp unless asked to do so (or unless it's arranged in advance).
The best things in life are free.

mercurio

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 03:04:39 PM »
File uploaded and mail sent to VLK.

I'll wait for his answer.....thank you all.

;)