Author Topic: i have two worms and a trojan  (Read 3974 times)

leadeater

i have two worms and a trojan
« on: February 28, 2004, 12:43:17 AM »
the other day i had a win32:parite and could not clean it using avast, i removed partition on hdd reformated, and now i have win32:nachi-b and rpcexploit. i was able to move ithem to virus chest but cannot repair, delete, or anything, i have avast  4 home . am i getting armored viruses or is avast a third rate sofware package? just kidding about the later.

my wife downl;oads a bunch of crap from her sister all the time , i got her a new system so she can infect it all she wants . what do i have to do???? ???

Hey everyone , i'm ok now, it's saturday night and virus free, i've done 5 scans today after doing various things and haven't been able to find anything, i guess i was just panicking !!! i just built this system(asus p4p800 deluxe, p4 2.8 ht cpu, 1g mem, nvidia, wd raputer sata hdd,  etc...) and thought i might lose it some of it to a stinking worm!!!! my system is just fine , my wifes on the other hand stopped booting!!!!  ;D    thanx for the replies they helped alot  and thanx avast!!!!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 01:35:44 AM by leadeater »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:i have two worms and a trojan
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 01:52:50 AM »
When Avast detects a virus it has a option to remove the infected file at the next boot of the system. Check that. That should work.

leadeater

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 02:08:08 AM »
thanx, i'll give it a try

whocares

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 01:43:37 PM »
Hi,

most important is to apply the relevant patches against network worms, or they will reappear;
read in the board on nachi and rpcexploit and Apply ALL windowsupdates!!

where were the viruses found ? (full path and filename; see avast's report/logfile) ;)