Author Topic: Secureline and Kill Switch? are disconnecting me constantly  (Read 6494 times)

Offline waynew4991

Secureline and Kill Switch? are disconnecting me constantly
« on: August 18, 2021, 12:32:30 PM »
Since my latest subscription (incl Secureline Premium) I am constantly disconnected from my (trusted) network. The avast box says something along the lines of 'Kill Switch is preventing you from connecting to the Internet' or similar - most annoying and very disruptive to business. Happens regularly and I am forced to reboot the Router/Modem 3 or 4 times before my PC will even see the network. Only happened since Secureline Installed. My phone and Laptops are not affected/disconnected

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Secureline and Kill Switch? are disconnecting me constantly
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 09:23:33 AM »
Since my latest subscription (incl Secureline Premium) I am constantly disconnected from my (trusted) network. The avast box says something along the lines of 'Kill Switch is preventing you from connecting to the Internet' or similar - most annoying and very disruptive to business. Happens regularly and I am forced to reboot the Router/Modem 3 or 4 times before my PC will even see the network. Only happened since Secureline Installed. My phone and Laptops are not affected/disconnected

Hi,

In SecureLine, if you have "Kill Switch" enabled then it would be triggered when SecureLine detects a loss in connection. If you wish, you can disable it.
Go to Menu > Settings > VPN MODE > MANUAL VPN MODE (in Win 10) > ensure "Activate Kill Switch" is unticked

Offline waynew4991

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 12:34:53 AM »
Thanks R@vast - I did check that and the KillSwitch box is un-ticked - strangely my original; problem has not reappeared since I posted. When it happens again I will screenshot the error message and post.
Hopefully that may shed some more light on it.
Thanks again

Offline waynew4991

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 11:02:16 AM »
Hi there - some further info:
Troubleshooting reveals "SecureLine TAP doesn't have a valid IP connection"
Reset the `SecureLine TAP Adapter'
The only way seems to be to turn off and reboot the modem 4 or 5 times and finally it recognises and connects. Nothing else on the network (two laptops / 2 phones / two wireless printers ) have this disconnection problem - just the one pc with SecureLine?
Cheers

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 12:40:34 PM »
Hi there - some further info:
Troubleshooting reveals "SecureLine TAP doesn't have a valid IP connection"
Reset the `SecureLine TAP Adapter'
The only way seems to be to turn off and reboot the modem 4 or 5 times and finally it recognises and connects. Nothing else on the network (two laptops / 2 phones / two wireless printers ) have this disconnection problem - just the one pc with SecureLine?
Cheers

Hi,

Please try to uninstall and then reinstall Avast SecureLine.
https://support.avast.com/article/Uninstall-SecureLine-VPN/
https://support.avast.com/article/Install-SecureLine-VPN/

If the issue persists, please consider contacting Avast Support via https://support.avast.com/contact/