Author Topic: Re-Registration Home Edition  (Read 2602 times)

2praisehim

Re-Registration Home Edition
« on: August 08, 2007, 12:23:23 AM »
Hi,
I am confused.  I am running AVAST home free home edition on my laptop.  The little blue globe is telling me the scanner is running on on 6 of 7 providers.  However, I'm still getting a red error box telling me I have to re-register the account.  I try to click the icon and go to the website but that doesn't work.  It doesn't take me to the site.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Bob

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Re-Registration Home Edition
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:43:31 AM »
If you're not using MS Outlook (not the Express), than you'll see the message "The provider is waiting on the subsystem to start" will be shown there until you open MS Outlook. It's normal, it's ok. The plugin will be enabled automatically after you start Outlook.

Can you post a screenshot of the error message?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Re-Registration Home Edition
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:07:59 AM »
I am confused.  I am running AVAST home free home edition on my laptop.  The little blue globe is telling me the scanner is running on on 6 of 7 providers. 

That is correct if you aren't using MS Outlook (not express), then the Outlook/Exchange provider shouldn't be running so 6 out of 7 would be correct.

However, I'm still getting a red error box telling me I have to re-register the account. 

A screenshot as Tech mentions would be good or the full text of the warning.
How long have you have avast and have you previously registered it ?
Complete the avast! 4 Home Registration form and you will receive an email from register @ avast.com (without the spaces) with your registration key.

I try to click the icon and go to the website but that doesn't work.  It doesn't take me to the site. 

Why doesn't it work, can you be a little more detailed in what you did and what happens ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security