Author Topic: COMODO FIREWALL CRUCIFIED!  (Read 70300 times)

Hard_ROCKER

Re: COMODO FIREWALL CRUCIFIED!
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 09:55:52 AM »

... It is pretty silly to ask comodo if they're spyware, do you really think they will say yes? ...

I'll tell you what's silly, making accusations without any real EVIDENCE ...  ;)  ::)

justin1278

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 05:29:17 PM »
Hello everyone,

Kevin was one of the orginal creators of BOClean, which means he was the programmer before Comodo bought out BOClean.. He would not have sold BOClean if he thought Comodo was going to taint the product's name ::)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2007, 07:25:37 PM »
Hello everyone,

Kevin was one of the orginal creators of BOClean, which means he was the programmer before Comodo bought out BOClean.. He would not have sold BOClean if he thought Comodo was going to taint the product's name ::)
Thanks Justin. I've asked you about this in a thread in Comodo forum but the Moderator locked the thread...
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2007, 07:43:56 PM »
Yes he locked the thread but he did give you the link for the main topic discussing this issue (even in the avast forums we try to have people post in relevant threads where possible) in which you could ask the question if it hadn't already been answered in that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

gdiloren

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2007, 07:47:36 PM »
Cruising other threads on the wilders forum brings you to read that CF is not the only firewall being "crucified": (QUOTE)
Whenever I review/post about a firewall, I post info on this (I always have), it is not just a case of IF a firewall calls home, it is also if a firewall can call home without popup/knowledge to the user (Hard_coded rules). As simple example, if we look at ZA, its main process "vsmon", have you ever attempted to create rules for this process, or even attempted to place this in the application list,... you cannot, and vsmon is able to make whatever connections. This was the process that did make the outbound connections (the call home). Now dont get me wrong, I know I have been accused of attacking ZA due to this, but I will report any such findings of ANY firewall/ security application that I find connects out, or is able to connect out without user knowledge/warning/logging.

As for the choice between ZA and OP pro,.. my personal choice between the 2 would be OP pro, not just based on the hard_coded rules, but also by the reported (and my own findings) of problems. ??? (QUOTE- WILDERS- OTHER FIREWALLS... by STEM  August 5th, 2007, 01:19 PM)
Had to say that with CF at least my internet speed improved a lot better than with ZAP ;D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 07:56:28 PM by gdiloren »

justin1278

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2007, 10:01:20 PM »
Hello everyone,

Thanks Justin. I've asked you about this in a thread in Comodo forum but the Moderator locked the thread...

Hello Tech,

Yes the thread will remain locked, no point in having two threads on the same thing ::). If you have any other questions I will answer them to the best I can :)

Justin

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2007, 11:14:35 PM »
Yes the thread will remain locked, no point in having two threads on the same thing ::). If you have any other questions I will answer them to the best I can :)
Justin, what I want is an official position of the Comodo staff, maybe here. Can't they do it?

justin1278

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 11:37:28 PM »
Justin, what I want is an official position of the Comodo staff, maybe here. Can't they do it?

I've forwarded this information to Melih (CEO of Comodo). We will see what he can do, but there are no guarantees...

Justin

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2007, 11:39:50 PM »
I've forwarded this information to Melih (CEO of Comodo). We will see what he can do, but there are no guarantees...
Thanks Justin. With my all respects to Melih.

justin1278

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2007, 11:42:45 PM »
Thanks Justin. With my all respects to Melih.

No problem, just sent the message to Melih, give him some time, I am sure either him or somebody else will respond.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2007, 08:08:32 AM »
Hi folks,

I think some people are really getting paranoid here, because there is so much commercial and governmental data retention going around (for obvious Big Brother reasons and monopolistic Big Corporational control) they think everything and everyone is in on this game, and really start barking at the wrong tree here. Because they are becoming transparant and do not object to it where it really matters, they start seeing ghosts on the wall (firewall here  ;D where they do not exist, that means the fearmongering actually works, the FUD has sunken in!
Your firewall and anti malware protection should be your best of friends in this matter, not your enemies.
Don'tlook for skeletoons where there ain't none,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2007, 09:27:23 AM »
It's really saying something when Polonus calls you paranoid, believe me.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2007, 10:03:17 AM »
It's really saying something when Polonus calls you paranoid, believe me.

+1

;D ;D ;D

drhayden1

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2007, 10:57:38 AM »
Your firewall and anti malware protection should be your best of friends in this matter, not your enemies.
Don'tlook for skeletoons where there ain't none,
agree fully damian my friend 8)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 11:03:14 AM by drhayden1 »

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2007, 11:59:04 AM »
+2

;D ;D ;D ;D

I see more people complaining they don't have enough protection on their PC, installing to much security software can over kill your computer it can do more damaging.

Nobody on earth cannot tell you which is the best software firewall, just find the software firewall that suit you and does the job well easy for you understand and operator to control the in and outbound traffic.

The person behind the computer has to learn to LOOK :o at the software and the settings carefully, before you start cruising in other forum website and making Comodo a bad firewall which is not good.

The more you keep this up and cruising the staff at Comodo and on their forum website support and in here on Avast forum it not good, those people at Comodo who work so hard with so much support and ideas to create a really good software firewall.

There are some people in here I've seen are supporting Comodo like Justin for example, and to make it grow toward the future and their software marketing.

I'm NOT (sorry didn't edit this sooner) complaining about Comodo firewall and I can always learn from my mistake behind the firewall software settings, IF I see a problem that I'm not sure how to solve it I don't start cruising and making Comodo a bad firewall.

Their people in here and at Comodo support forum website can help you, and some people in here who don't have a problem using Comodo if you have a problem just ask............it not very hard to ask help if you have a problem........or are you plain DUMB!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:13:37 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip