Author Topic: Is there way to make virus detection action automatic  (Read 3441 times)

etrek

Is there way to make virus detection action automatic
« on: August 09, 2007, 11:26:44 PM »
I did my first scan with avast today and it found 2 viruses.  During the scan when it found a virus it gives me an option to delete the file or put into chest.  Is there a way to make one of these options a default option (without needing user input during the scan) so I don't have to sit here watching while it goes through the whole scan?   I would like it to automatically put viruses in the chest when found and continue scanning without my input. 

Also; I put the files in the chest and then simply deleted them from the chest after the scan completed.  Does this action permanently delete the virus from the computer?

Thanks,   ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Is there way to make virus detection action automatic
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:33:50 PM »
I did my first scan with avast today and it found 2 viruses.  During the scan when it found a virus it gives me an option to delete the file or put into chest.  Is there a way to make one of these options a default option (without needing user input during the scan) so I don't have to sit here watching while it goes through the whole scan?   I would like it to automatically put viruses in the chest when found and continue scanning without my input. 
No, only in Professional version (see picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285).

In Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" as soon as the first virus warning appears, and click on "No action" button. This way, nothing will be done and you will be presented the results at the end (and you can perform actions from there).

Also; I put the files in the chest and then simply deleted them from the chest after the scan completed.  Does this action permanently delete the virus from the computer?
There is no hurry to delete a file from Chest. Chest is safe, viruses can't get out from there. On other hand, you can test the file into Chest to be sure it's not a false positive, restore the file if it is clean, etc.
The best things in life are free.

etrek

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 12:25:51 AM »
Thanks for your quick reply!   :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 12:40:26 AM »
Thanks for your quick reply!   :D
Be used to avast forum speed... Do you need further help?
The best things in life are free.