Author Topic: Additional avast! sounds available  (Read 42664 times)

SKYCOMP

Re:Additional avast! sounds available
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2004, 01:06:44 AM »
Skycomp wrote:
Also, would you care to share the resource you display that notifies of each running program with accompanying memory hit. I have an older software somewhat similar but rarely use because it is cumbersome in its display. Thanks & keep up the fine work!

Thanks Skycomp for your generous comments... I'm affraid I didn't catche your last one (...are to share the resource you display that notifies of each running program with accompanying memory hit...)

It would be great if you can explain it to me little bit more... thanks !

Cheers !

I gather you run Windows XP and i was referring to your posted screenshot in this thread, i understand your uncertainty & hopefully you can offer some suggestion where one could obtain a utility similar to this one in your screenshot. Thats all.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 01:08:51 AM by SKYCOMP »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2004, 01:48:51 AM »
Sorry Skycomp, but you made misstake.. I didn't post any screenshot in this thread. That was BBFI's post and his screenshot, not mine... that's why I don't know what you are talking about...

This is my screenshot... just click here:
CLICK ME !!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 01:49:52 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

SKYCOMP

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2004, 02:44:46 AM »
Very well S.Z. Craftec, theres no mistake in the screenshot only to whom it originated from which you point out. I can't for the life of me understand all the Hoopla over XP & those annoying almost childlike blue borders & icons. Yuck, no offense intended, but to each his own of course. As long as XP does the job for you go for it. Personally 98 will remain the Gold standard here, untill i can explore the Longhorn system upcoming soon, and even then may play this all out into the future relying on 98 since support will continue into 2006! Surely during this time to come other advances will be introduced. My 98 is warmly packed into a Highly Sophisticated setup complete with an entire arsenal to meet or greet the most learned of intruders, but i prefer to keep the system ports stealthed and lock down those susceptible to exploiters. Thanks for the reply! Enjoy! Keep up the good creative work, its a joy to review your craft.

shgoh

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2004, 03:10:57 PM »
i have got this weird problem with sasha's addtional sounds....i unzipped those wav files and overwrite the original avast ones in C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ENGLISH

however...when i got a virus update...i heard a male voice!!!... ??? ???

lol...went back to the folder and check...all the wav files are male voices... ???

i overwrite those files with sasha's wav files....but the next update...i heard a male voice again!!!

this is strange... ??? ???

i overwrite the wav files 3 times....and this problem keeps reoccuring....

any idea why??

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2004, 03:15:58 PM »
i have got this weird problem with sasha's addtional sounds....i unzipped those wav files and overwrite the original avast ones in C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ENGLISH

lol...went back to the folder and check...all the wav files are male voices... ???

i overwrite those files with sasha's wav files....but the next update...i heard a male voice again!!!

any idea why??

You are updating the program? Maybe the update change the files back to the original ones.
Extract the files into another folder, go to Windows Sounds settings and choose the files of Sasha. This will work (I hope)  ;)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2004, 05:22:03 PM »

any idea why??

The problem is not in sounds... click here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3146;start=msg22552#msg22552
and search for my first reply in that thread (or even better it's good to read whole thread, so you'll find out little bit more about how everything works). You'll find explanation and solution for your problem. All sounds are always replaced by default ones after program update, but you can awoid that if you listen my advice and do like I wrote in that reply... I already helped to someone...

Cheers !

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2004, 09:34:58 PM »
Sasha and I are talking about the same.
That thread (or mine here) has the solution for the problem:

Go into your avast! anivirus directory. Make a new sub-directory for your new sounds. Save all those additional sounds from my package into that directory.

Go into Control Panel/sound properties and under avast! antivirus sound events, point the path for each and every sound to new sub-directory with new sounds you just created... remember ?

avast! will never change those settings again...
 ;)
The best things in life are free.

shgoh

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2004, 10:42:12 PM »
Sasha and I are talking about the same.
That thread (or mine here) has the solution for the problem:

yes....both are the same...thks tech and sasha... ;D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2004, 01:20:42 AM »
Yes, that's because Technical has quoted my explanation how to fix that "avast!-sounds-issue" from one of my recent posts... Anyway, the most important thing is that you can always count on us, and someone will always find some solution... 10 people are always more clever than just one man...  ;)

Cheers!

shgoh

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2004, 08:26:04 AM »
yes...thks a lot... ;D

sanatogen

Re: Additional avast! sounds available
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2011, 02:40:36 PM »
Anyone know where I can obtain the original male voice and how to update the Avast5 software with it?

A tad annoyed that it was removed.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Additional avast! sounds available
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2011, 02:44:15 PM »
Anyone know where I can obtain the original male voice and how to update the Avast5 software with it?

A tad annoyed that it was removed.

You can get it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0x3w3k Just double click the file and it will automatically change the sounds.

Also, Why are you still on avast 5? Update to avast 6: Avast GUI > Maintenance > click update program

Next time start your own topic in the right sub forum. You have replied to a 7 years old topic ;)