Author Topic: Can't see my passwords  (Read 7809 times)

Offline bb01

Can't see my passwords
« on: August 12, 2021, 06:41:58 PM »
Today I logged in to my account for the first time in a while. I was trying to sync my passwords because I want to have them on mobile. I had some problems with the login (forgot the main account password, and it wasn't saved, so I had to reset it), but now I'm logged in and all my passwords, credit card info and notes are gone. What can I do to recover them?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Can't see my passwords
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 09:35:51 AM »
Today I logged in to my account for the first time in a while. I was trying to sync my passwords because I want to have them on mobile. I had some problems with the login (forgot the main account password, and it wasn't saved, so I had to reset it), but now I'm logged in and all my passwords, credit card info and notes are gone. What can I do to recover them?

Hi,

Did you reset the password for your Avast Account (my.avast.com) or the "Master Password"?

Offline bb01

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 02:13:34 PM »
I reset the account password, the master password is the same as before.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 09:22:30 AM »

Hi,

I take it you had your Avast Passwords data stored on your Windows device and never synced online (only recently you tried to sync). Is this correct?
Can you please confirm if you can see the Avast Passwords component itself in Avast Premium Security (under Privacy)?

Offline bb01

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 12:23:42 PM »

Hi,

I take it you had your Avast Passwords data stored on your Windows device and never synced online (only recently you tried to sync). Is this correct?
Can you please confirm if you can see the Avast Passwords component itself in Avast Premium Security (under Privacy)?

Yes, I had the data stored on my device. I can still see and use the Avast Passwords component, it's just my passwords and notes that are gone

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »

Hi,

Yes, I had the data stored on my device. I can still see and use the Avast Passwords component, it's just my passwords and notes that are gone

Hi,

Can you please provide us with a support file ID?
To generate the support file, please see this link.
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-support-file

Offline bb01

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 10:12:16 PM »
Do I have to write something under "Ticket number" and "Details of your issue"?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 01:01:10 AM »

If you follow the directions in the link given by r@vast, generating the support file gathers all of the information needed and uploads it to Avast.

When you generate the support file it also shows/gives you the support file ID.  By posting that ID here, it allows r@vast to track down the uploaded support file and link it to your post.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline bb01

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 11:22:05 AM »

If you follow the directions in the link given by r@vast, generating the support file gathers all of the information needed and uploads it to Avast.

When you generate the support file it also shows/gives you the support file ID.  By posting that ID here, it allows r@vast to track down the uploaded support file and link it to your post.

I'm following the directions. I downloaded the Avast Support Tool and installed it. I opened the program and clicked to create a support file log. On the new screen, I have to fill in the following information:
"A. The e-mail address I provided to Avast Support when submitting a ticket via the support portal.
B. The ticket number I received from Avast Support after submitting the ticket.
C. Optionally, write additional details about my issue."
My problem is that I don't know what to do here. I didn't submit a ticket via the support portal. When I go to the support portal for my free product, it just tells me to write here on the forums, and that's what I'm doing. If you are telling me to submit a ticket, I don't know how to do that, maybe I can for the paid product support, but I'm using the free version.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2021, 12:19:20 PM »
As far as I'm aware, the generation of the support file also creates a support ticket and that should create an email sent to you.

I thing you will have to wait for clarification fromr@vast, an Avast Team member as I'm an Avast user.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2021, 03:22:50 PM »

I'm following the directions. I downloaded the Avast Support Tool and installed it. I opened the program and clicked to create a support file log. On the new screen, I have to fill in the following information:
"A. The e-mail address I provided to Avast Support when submitting a ticket via the support portal.
B. The ticket number I received from Avast Support after submitting the ticket.
C. Optionally, write additional details about my issue."
My problem is that I don't know what to do here. I didn't submit a ticket via the support portal. When I go to the support portal for my free product, it just tells me to write here on the forums, and that's what I'm doing. If you are telling me to submit a ticket, I don't know how to do that, maybe I can for the paid product support, but I'm using the free version.

Hi,
The only requirement is the email address. Please enter a working email address.

Offline bb01

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2021, 09:31:04 PM »
Ok, I did it. My support ID is 58ZLN