Author Topic: Animated scan progress.  (Read 3154 times)

standeb

Animated scan progress.
« on: August 26, 2007, 12:46:20 AM »
Hello Moderators.

From the time I began to use Avast 4 I have always noticed that whenever a page is selected on the internet or upon entering email a certain animation occurs whereby certain blue line flicker across the screed showing what is being scanned.

A clean reinstall of Windows XP Sp2 was recently done and I had to reinstall Avast. However  I notice that the animation no longer appears. Prior to the reinstall Windows XP was installed over Windows 98 and the animation occurred but since the reinstall nothing happens and I can only assume that Avast is scanning.

I have searched the Avast program to see whether that effect can be enabled but I can't find anything.

I shall be happy if some advise can be given as I feel something is wrong.

Thanking you in antiscipation for your comments and suggestions.

Standeb

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Animated scan progress.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 12:53:01 AM »
This option, 'Show detailed info on performed actions' is off by default, so it would appear you have been tweaking avast without knowing the effect it will have. This function is also on the Web Shield and Internet Mail providers so you should also check those.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 12:59:21 AM »
a certain animation occurs whereby certain blue line flicker across the screed showing what is being scanned.
I'm not so sure you're talking about the icon animation (swirling) or a blue line that is appearing in your monitor...
The blue line is strange.
There is an animation effect on the skins but not on the on-access (resident) scanner.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »
a certain animation occurs whereby certain blue line flicker across the screed showing what is being scanned.
I'm not so sure you're talking about the icon animation (swirling) or a blue line that is appearing in your monitor...
The blue line is strange.
There is an animation effect on the skins but not on the on-access (resident) scanner.

I think the key statement is "showing what is being scanned," showing rather than indicating something is being scanned, so I certainly think it is the 'Show detailed info on performed actions' that is the issue.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

standeb

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 03:21:41 AM »
Hi David R and Tech,

Thank you for your replies.

I followed the graphic example shown by David R. and indeed " Show detailed info on performed action" was unchecked.

The feature now works and I extend by sincerest thanks to you guys for the comments and suggestions given me.

Best regards and God Bless.

standeb

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 03:33:59 AM »
Your welcome.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 03:55:35 AM »
The feature now works
Full customization of these messages if you want or have interest is available here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=1647.msg10270#msg10270
The best things in life are free.