Author Topic: Avast is interfering with my Eudora temporary files  (Read 867 times)

Offline hivolbill

Avast is interfering with my Eudora temporary files
« on: August 21, 2021, 06:57:54 PM »
I have been using Eudora as an email client and Free Avast for a long time.  Recently I developed a problem where I was unable to save a new nickname and I was unable to open an attached file and unable to see an image embedded in an email.  All seem to have something to do with blocking the ability to write to a temporary file.  So far I haven't noticed any problem with any other programs.  I fiddled a lot with permissions to folders trying to fix the problem before I found that Avast was the cause.

I turned off the email scanner and that had no effect, but when I turned off AVAST for 10 minutes, the problem went away.  What do I do to stop interfering with writing temp files, if that's what the problem is?  I think Eudora uses AppData/Local/Temp for Temporary files.

EDIT:  I went to Menu->Settings->Blocked & Allowed Apps  and added Eudora as an allowed Ap.   Things seem to be working okay at the moment.   But why did this problem suddenly appear after years of no trouble?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 08:24:06 PM by hivolbill »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast is interfering with my Eudora temporary files
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 02:36:35 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for the update. In general, since applications change over time, it can happen that an application such as the one you used for years, gets blocked.