Author Topic: Manual scanning  (Read 2345 times)

mewnlite

Manual scanning
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:40:49 PM »
This will be an easy question for anyone in the know. I've installed the free home edition of Avast on about 6 different computers and then ran a manual scan by right clicking the drive I want to scan and picking "Scan [X]"
When Avast detects a virus, you get the friendly voice and then a few options of what to do with it. In that window, there's an option to check "Don't show this notice again" (or something like that).
My question is... if you check that, will it automatically perform the selected action on any subsequent hits?
I'd hate to think that it'd just ignore them.
Thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Manual scanning
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:53:46 PM »
You should select the "Don't show this notice again" and then No Action and you should get a list at the end to the scan and you should then be able to select an action.

You should try the on-demand scan as opposed to the context menu scan by ashQuick.exe, it allows more flexibility, right click the avast icon, select Start avast! Antivirus.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Manual scanning
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 12:46:23 AM »
In that window, there's an option to check "Don't show this notice again" (or something like that).
My question is... if you check that, will it automatically perform the selected action on any subsequent hits?
Yes... Repair, delete, send to Chest, no action... it will be performed will all other infected files after the 1st one.
Welcome to avast forums.
The best things in life are free.