Author Topic: COMODO FIREWALL CRUCIFIED!  (Read 70282 times)

drhayden1

Re: COMODO FIREWALL CRUCIFIED!
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2007, 11:30:24 PM »
ZZZZzzzzzz.......FART!......zzzzzzzzz

I think that was the most insightful addition to this tread for the last three pages

almost agree on that ;D
hey look..i'm being protected from all sorts of things on this thread by my comodo pro firewall and my other secuity software ;D

edited-oops! page 6 :o

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:32:58 PM by drhayden1 »

tristan

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2007, 12:09:45 AM »
OOps!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 03:09:50 AM by tristan »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2007, 12:12:08 AM »
Hardly, I don't even use comodo, realists yes, until conclusive evidence is produced all this is is FUD and or speculation.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

drhayden1

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2007, 12:19:50 AM »
IF you like it - you use it, if not - than not.
thanks avatar2005 for that quote ;)
i will use it-so i guess i'm a fan of comodo and i guess that make me a fan of avast! and a few other great software products like winpatrol,ccleaner to name a few-no objections to those i hope ???
off this thread-getting to be a joke-it should end-for me it has :)
i think it served it's purpose-whatever it was ???

farewell COMODO FIREWALL CRUCIFIED!thread
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:27:58 AM by drhayden1 »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2007, 12:33:51 AM »
Hi Dan,

I was a user of ZA for ages, until I found that this fw did not support Tor, also over-bloatedness etc.
made me decide to go for another fw, that is COMODO. I also installed COMODO BoClean updated to version 4.25, no complaints ther either. Every software house has something hanging in the closet, there were some things with ZA with MacAfee support in the past, there was code that could take the fw out.
But all this did not lead to a thread like this one crucifying ZA, and these were not only rumours.
It is the same when you say well Google has so many services out now, sitting on a big sugarbowl of data, in the future they may be tempted to run some fingers through this bowl, now we cannot be safe without encrypting all our personal data, I cannot pass clear text to Google. In this case the best policy is not to pass these personal data out to Google or fake your data from a non-existing street in a former country
(East Germany for instance) and start to run your TrackMeNot extension. So if you do not trust your data to be behind a certain fw, do not use it, simple as that,

polonus

P.S. Well Polish sausage is world class.
D.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:35:44 AM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2007, 01:19:08 AM »
IF you like it - you use it, if not - than not.
thanks avatar2005 for that quote ;)
i will use it-so i guess i'm a fan of comodo and i guess that make me a fan of avast! and a few other great software products like winpatrol,ccleaner to name a few-no objections to those i hope ???
off this thread-getting to be a joke-it should end-for me it has :)
i think it served it's purpose-whatever it was ???

farewell COMODO FIREWALL CRUCIFIED!thread
You listed 3 out of 4 as great software products.  :)  Now all you need to get is a firewall.  Nothing has gotten by PC Tools Firewall Plus on my system.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2007, 02:17:11 AM »
rdmaloyjr,
We are still waiting for you to submit proof ???
Do you have any ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2007, 03:36:39 AM »
PeerGuardian: block IP list with all Comodo server IP. P2P IPs.txt(53367)
Into this list, even Google servers will be listed.
In fact, the purpose of PeerGuardian is to improve P2P usage, avoid servers that block P2P action, so this in on contrary that you're posting, showing that Comodo is trying to avoid access of P2P traffic.
Comodo, in this list, is safer that you can imagine...
Like Bob is asking, so do I... any answer to my post?
I'm not a Comodo fan boy, not an avast fan boy...
I try to learn when I'm browsing, just that.
The best things in life are free.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2007, 05:34:20 AM »
rdmaloyjr,
We are still waiting for you to submit proof ???
Do you have any ???

Bob,

I don't think rdmaloyjr has got the knowledge and proof to post it, otherwise he/she standing behind the curtain to shy to come out.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline rhuds13

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2007, 04:12:32 PM »
I will keep using Comodo until Avast has a Beta FW for us ;D

drhayden1

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2007, 05:47:09 PM »
was not going to post in this thread again-but here's good proof-what's at the top of this list and what's at the bottom ??? ::) this is not so called alleged proof on comodo being bad...just the difference in the firewall's being secure for your computer :)
mind you-nothing against pctools-use their paid version of spyware doctor as my realtime spyware protection and won't have anything else and also used their full version of registry mechanic until i stopped recently with fooling around with the registry-but no thank you to their firewall until if ever it gets better ;)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:00:43 PM by Vlk »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2007, 06:04:01 PM »
Guys, I'm afraid we're getting way too off-topic here. I suppose all relevant has already been said, therefore I'm locking this topic. :-*

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.