Author Topic: avast one promotion over?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline mintmag

avast one promotion over?
« on: August 23, 2021, 09:02:08 PM »
Avast Antivirus is no longer updating itself it Avast One. I thought Avast One was going to replace Avast AV; was this just a promotional thing or something. It's pretty annoying to have a product forced on you like that.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast one promotion over?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 09:20:55 PM »
I'm not clear what it is that you are asking.
What is it that is or isn't being updated and exactly what is it that you have installed..

I don't believe anything is being forced on you, if you had Avast installed before you should have been able to continue on that.  What isn't being updated ?

You don't say what that was or what version of Avast One you have (Paid or Free) ?

Currently Avast One is only available in Australia, so you must have opted in to get it.

There is a new Sub Forum for Avast One, perhaps this should have been posted there.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=125.0
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline mintmag

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 08:55:23 AM »
I'm not clear what it is that you are asking.
What is it that is or isn't being updated and exactly what is it that you have installed..

I don't believe anything is being forced on you, if you had Avast installed before you should have been able to continue on that.  What isn't being updated ?

You don't say what that was or what version of Avast One you have (Paid or Free) ?

Currently Avast One is only available in Australia, so you must have opted in to get it.

There is a new Sub Forum for Avast One, perhaps this should have been posted there.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=125.0

Okay So I had Avast anitvirus free on my system and it was being updated to Avast One which was out of my control.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 10:53:06 AM »
Since it is a different product (though still free) it should have had some notification and perhaps a pre-checked option box was missed so you ended up with the change.

This is even more reason why this should be reported as a new topic in the Avast One sub-forum.

Since your post I seen that you have other posts in that forum and now about this being a forced install.  So this topic should be discontinued as it is duplication and in the wrong sub-forum.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security