Author Topic: Avast AntiTrack Failed Message  (Read 4228 times)

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Avast AntiTrack Failed Message
« on: August 24, 2021, 04:51:38 PM »
The message reads that the installation is complete and the app is ready to go. Below that it shows, "Avast AntiTrack Failed".

It appears to have installed and will run when I double-click the shortcut, but it does not start with Windows.

I see AntiTrack in Programs and Features.

I do not see AntiTrack in Task Manager startup or any run entries in registry.

I have tried to uninstall/install this 4 times and receive the failed message each time and it will not start with Windows even though the setting in the gui checked.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 04:56:35 PM by Charyb »

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast AntiTrack Failed Message
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 05:18:25 PM »
I tried removing everything Avast and reinstalling and still have the same result.

I am wondering why I get this error trying to delete Avast's registry key after uninstalling everything? I have never had a problem deleting a key at this location. see attached
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 05:51:06 PM by Charyb »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 09:16:32 AM »
I am wondering why I get this error trying to delete Avast's registry key after uninstalling everything? I have never had a problem deleting a key at this location. see attached
Hi, see: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=227627.msg1508765#msg1508765
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 07:20:10 PM »
Hi, see: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=227627.msg1508765#msg1508765
Hi Asyn. I tried AvRegLink, but it did not work.

I also tried RegASSASSIN from Malwarebytes, Registry Deleteex from NoVirusThanks, and AvastClear. Nothing works. I enabled the Administrator account and tried deleting it, then disabled the account when that didn't work. I tried running reg delete command and tried running these tools in safe mode. Nothing works.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 01:57:09 AM by Charyb »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »
Beats me, sorry. Wait for one of the devs and/or contact support.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 03:32:08 PM »
The message reads that the installation is complete and the app is ready to go. Below that it shows, "Avast AntiTrack Failed".

It appears to have installed and will run when I double-click the shortcut, but it does not start with Windows.

I have tried to uninstall/install this 4 times and receive the failed message each time and it will not start with Windows even though the setting in the gui checked.

Hi,

Can you please contact support via https://support.avast.com/contact/paid_pc_avast-antitrack-premium

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 04:06:24 PM »

Hi,

Can you please contact support via https://support.avast.com/contact/paid_pc_avast-antitrack-premium

I just figured out how to get it to install correctly.

I downloaded the avast_antitrack_online_setup installation package from the Avast website and installed it. It will install correctly using this method every time.

Installing through the Avast Premium Security GUI (Menu > Subscriptions) fails every time.

See attached.

Yes, I will contact support. Thank you.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 06:55:10 PM »
When it shows the failed popup, I believe for whatever reason, it fails to add Avast AntiTrack to scheduled tasks. This is why it wouldn't start with Windows.

An error message that only shows "failed" is not very useful at all.

see attached

Edit: I just tested this and the scheduled task is not there when installing using the Avast Premium Security GUI.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 05:43:54 PM by Charyb »

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 02:24:12 AM »
I am impressed with Avast's customer support. I submitted 2 tickets this morning at around 9:30am and received 2 email responses from Luka this evening at around 6:40pm.

Thanks Asyn, r@vast, and Luka.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2021, 09:35:25 AM »
You're welcome.