Author Topic: won't let uninstall or enable security  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Clayton50

won't let uninstall or enable security
« on: August 16, 2021, 01:07:05 PM »
I updated to Mojave and it's not working.

Offline Clayton50

Re: won't let uninstall or enable security
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 01:10:00 PM »
The problems I'm facing is I went into Terminal I did all the steps that it asked me to and it still will not let me protect my email websites etc. etc. it's really frustrating and very aggravating I don't know who to contact or what to do on here could someone please help me I am really angry about this ridiculous application it's not working for my computer it's like ever since I downloaded the beta it has not been working at all I've tried uninstalling it it will not let me I don't know what else to do someone please contact me.

Offline herojig

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 10:11:15 AM »
Same here, can't install or uninstall. Im on Monty and an M1. Been like this for over a month now.

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 10:32:04 AM »
Hello,

the uninstallation problem is due to bug in Monterey, we have reported and further escalated the issue with Apple. Currently the only way how to uninstall it is to start Terminal app and in it run
Code: [Select]
sudo /Applications/Avast.app/Contents/Backend/hub/uninstall.shThis will ask for your password.

Regarding the shields, we officially do not support beta versions of MacOS, but the fix should get out in the next release of Avast.

Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek