Author Topic: Premium Security Disables MS Store Apps, Start Menu & Screen capture  (Read 734 times)

Offline grdhou

I upgraded to a new computer and installed Avast Ultimate.

Windows 10 Pro, 21H1
OS build 19043.1165
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

I installed the components of the suite and noticed all my Microsoft Store Apps would no longer load and the Windows Start Menu would not show. Event Viewer indicates the apps hang on launch. After doing all sorts of resetting and re-registering of the store apps, I found everything works by uninstalling just the Avast Premium Security component. In addition, I've found trying to take a screen shot using Win + Shift + S corrupts my task bar and mouse rendering my system unusable and forcing a reboot.

I don't want to use MS Defender Anti-virus or another all-in-one suite. What is the resolution to be able to use Premium Security and have my system work properly?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Premium Security Disables MS Store Apps, Start Menu & Screen capture
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 12:43:27 PM »
- Which version/build of Avast..?
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0