Author Topic: last home update makes startup problem on vista ultimate  (Read 4731 times)

oniros

last home update makes startup problem on vista ultimate
« on: August 16, 2007, 05:56:15 PM »
with last update, i have problem when booting, screen stops before user desk with a black screen with only the mouse

a recovery point before installation solves problem...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: last home update makes startup problem on vista ultimate
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 06:00:57 PM »
If it's an Asus laptop, please uninstall the "Asus Data Security Management" utility (from Safe Mode, if it's possible).
The program contains a bug that conflicts with the latest version of avast.

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

oniros

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 06:01:40 PM »
that's it, asus labtop

thanks

Meiun

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 11:29:49 AM »
  Terribly sorry to bring this topic back from the dead.. But I have been having a rather serious problem that I have been scratching my head over with my new laptop, and this seems like it very likely could be the solution.
  I recently purchased an Asus laptop that does indeed have the Asus Data Security Management program that you are referring to installed. My problem is that on multiple occasions, the computer has suddenly locked up with its screen going black (but still on). When this happens it is totally frozen (internet connections are lost, sound will loop if it was playing, there is no cursor or anything).
  The main differences are, however, that seeing as it is years later, I am using the latest version of Avast 5 on windows 7 64 bit (whcih dosnt have boot scan), and that the error happens at seemingly random times whilst using my computer, not just at startup.
  My question is, could this program conflict still be the culprit? I realize that this is sortof a shot in the dark. But I am really at a loss here, and if I can't figure out the cause of these strange errors, I am considering returning the computer.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 11:34:19 AM by Meiun »