Author Topic: Some machines have popup to renew other dont - same settings on all  (Read 1419 times)

Offline JackPollack

I have Avast Premium 10 user running on several devices, all using the same version of Avast, All using the same reg number, and when I set them up I exported the settings from the first install as a template for others, so same settings on all.

Some of the installs keep popping up a reminder that the subscription expires in 45 days and offer an option to renew, the other installs  dont. Popup usually happen after a restart, probably when the definitions update.

Why are the machines behaving differently since they all have the same settings and how to disable popup on all but one machine?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Some machines have popup to renew other dont - same settings on all
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 01:08:42 PM »
I have Avast Premium 10 user running on several devices, all using the same version of Avast, All using the same reg number, and when I set them up I exported the settings from the first install as a template for others, so same settings on all.

Some of the installs keep popping up a reminder that the subscription expires in 45 days and offer an option to renew, the other installs  dont. Popup usually happen after a restart, probably when the definitions update.

Why are the machines behaving differently since they all have the same settings and how to disable popup on all but one machine?

Hi,

Offers are not sent to all machines. Please see this guide for options to disable notifications and pop-ups. - https://support.avast.com/article/Antivirus-popup-notifications/

Offline JackPollack

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 04:13:41 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Settings  ▸  General ▸  Personal Privacy
Share app-usage data with Avast  is already unchecked on all machines, as is everything else on this page, but I am still getting offers!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 03:34:14 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Settings  ▸  General ▸  Personal Privacy
Share app-usage data with Avast  is already unchecked on all machines, as is everything else on this page, but I am still getting offers!

Hi,

If the above guide did not help then the issue you are experiencing is most likely related to an existing upgrade/renew early issue. Our developers are working on a fix. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.