Author Topic: Refund not possible  (Read 5276 times)

Offline Gelin

Refund not possible
« on: June 18, 2020, 09:25:39 AM »
I bought secure VPN and at the same day i requested a refund and the subscription has been canceled. 10 working days later there was no refund so i requested the refund again from https://support.avast.com/en-us/contact/sales_refund/?c=true

I fill in all the relevant data i sent the request and receive a message "we received your request"

A couple of minutes later i receive an email fromxx@xx.avast.com with the following text:
-------
Hello,

Thank you for contacting AVAST Software.

Please be informed that we are unable to locate your order under your email address and name provided. This may be because you used a different email address to place the order.

If you are not aware of any other email address that may have been used, please send us a purchase confirmation from your bank so that we can locate the payment for you. If necessary, we can then contact our distributor with the information to resolve the issue.

Please also include the following information if it is not shown on the proof in order to effectively locate the charges:
- Your full name and address
- The account holders name if different
- Date of charge
- Charge amount + currency
- Full reference line
- If Credit Card: First 6 and last 4 digits of number + card provider
- If PayPal: Invoice ID

I apologize for the inconvenience and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
The Avast Support Team
Ref $:NTAwME4wMDAwMkRlM1hJUUFa:$

-------

I used the same name and same email address to buy, request the refund and sent again the requests. I replied with all necessary data but whatever i write back i keep receiving the above reply. I think that AVAST does not really has a 30day refund policy and is clearly lying to potential customers. Actually, it is theft. DO NOT BUY AVAST
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 04:42:02 PM by r@vast »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Refund not possible
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 10:48:15 AM »
Hi, post your ticket-ID.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Gelin

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 02:06:59 PM »
11011819 [ ref:_00Db0Z3Sf._5000N2De3XI:ref ]

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 02:08:53 PM »
11011819 [ ref:_00Db0Z3Sf._5000N2De3XI:ref ]
OK, I reported it.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 04:47:23 PM »
@ Gelin,

This ticket went to auto refund queue since you requested the refund within 30days.
The reason the system could not find your order is that the orderid you submitted was not complete.
It has been corrected and will be processed soon.
You should receive a confirmation email once completed.

Offline aaecep

Refund not possible
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 06:01:52 AM »
I received email like this when I wanted to cancel my purchase and take a refund. I did not mistakes in entering the name and email address. I have replied the email but no respond. For the info, the subject for this email is Re: Avast Refund Request - 13860750 [ ref:_00Db0Z3Sf._5005p2WsNla:ref ]. Hopefully I get the solution soon.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting AVAST Software.

Please be informed that we are unable to locate your order under your email address and name provided. This may be because you used a different email address to place the order.

If you are not aware of any other email address that may have been used, please send us a purchase confirmation from your bank so that we can locate the payment for you. If necessary, we can then contact our distributor with the information to resolve the issue.

Please also include the following information if it is not shown on the proof in order to effectively locate the charges:
- Your full name and address
- The account holders name if different
- Date of charge
- Charge amount + currency
- Full reference line
- If Credit Card: First 6 and last 4 digits of number + card provider
- If PayPal: Invoice ID

I apologize for the inconvenience and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
The Avast Support Team

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 01:26:29 PM »
I received email like this when I wanted to cancel my purchase and take a refund. I did not mistakes in entering the name and email address. I have replied the email but no respond. For the info, the subject for this email is Re: Avast Refund Request - 13860750 [ ref:_00Db0Z3Sf._5005p2WsNla:ref ]. Hopefully I get the solution soon.

Hi,

Since you created this ticket/case today, it might take some time before you receive a reply to it.
Nevertheless, according to our system, we have not received your funds yet (so nothing to refund yet).
I would suggest that you give it a day or two and then check your bank account/credit card statement to see if you have your money back onto your account. In cases such as yours (where the refund is requested before we have received the funds), the banks never actually send the funds. You might notice in your bank/credit card statement that the funds were deducted, and then generally, within a few days, they add it back.