Author Topic: What is the push update?????  (Read 10681 times)

ZOUAVE

What is the push update?????
« on: February 05, 2003, 01:31:52 AM »
hello,

can me explain how the push update works? what is the fonction? how a said if this function work well? How the push update works if a don't check my e-mail for 1 week for exemple??

thank you for explainations.

@+
ZOUAVE

Sorry english are not my firt language.......

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
Re:What is the push update?????
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 12:13:58 PM »
Push update is new feature of avast! version 4. Standard iAVS service is started on user demand so program is up-to-date only in case user take care of it.
Push update is based on e-mail sent from us to our customers. This e-mail is recognized by our providers checking your incoming e-mail for viruses and if it is received, iAVS is invoked.
So if you won't check your e-mail for a week iAVS is not started, of course. But in this case chance of infection of your computer is very small because e-mail is mostly used method of today's viruses to infect your computer.

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 12:15:16 PM »
Push update is available only in Professional Edition of avast! version 4.0...
Home users should use standard iAVS service

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 12:31:05 PM »
BTW: The principle of standard iAVS service is described here: http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=27
This standard feature of course works even with Push updates - this form of update is just another way how to inform your local avast! that there is new update available for download... and yes - it works in avast!4 Pro only.

Pavel

ZOUAVE

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 11:09:27 PM »
Hello,

the push update don't works correctly.For testing the push update, i set the update to manual (beacause if a set automatic update, i don't said if the update has make by the push or the automatic update).

I have reveive the e-mail for ask me the new update has dispomnible.

after i read the e-mail, i go to check if the push update has working, the answer is no?????

why?

thank you

@+
ZOUAVE