Author Topic: Windows Security saying i have no virus protection  (Read 10879 times)

Icehockey44

Re: Windows Security saying i have no virus protection
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 12:16:23 AM »
I have just powered down and restarted, and I no longer have the WSC telling me that I am not covered!!

So have I solved my problem?

Am I covered?  How do you tell with Avast!, as with AVG you just pressed update, and it either updated or told you that there were no updates available.

Cheers for all of your help, its been very much appreciated esp, Tech and DavidR

Donna

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 12:37:40 AM »
I don't know if your problem is solved one part of it is solved the WSC part for sure, but not the other supposed microsoft pop-up.

Are you still getting it and if so please post the full text of the warning (or post a screenshot of it) ?

avast's VPS updates are automatic and once one has been done you will be notified of it. I don't allow auto update (on dial-up) so my Program Settings, Update (Basic) is set to Ask, if one is available it will be notified by a small alert box at the bottom right of the screen that an update is available.

You can also do a manual check/update, right click the avast icon, Updating, iAVS Update, that will either download any available update or tell you you are up to date.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Icehockey44

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 12:44:21 AM »
I do keep getting a pop up from avsystemcare.com which warns me that I am not protected from virus'

This comes upas a blue box by the clock, it is quite big, when I click close it opens into a full window, i click cancel and tries to download so I click the close button and it disappears!

thats the one that keeps poppingup today, but not sure if it coming in as I am on sites that deal with this kind of thing.

Donna

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 12:51:10 AM »
I have popped the download into Virus Total,and the results were 0/32 (0%)   :-\
Is this a good thing?
Do you mean no one detected? Yes, it's a good thing, the file is clean.

With the one you said to delete, the problem is I don't know how to delete it.
Into HijackThis you can check that item and right click it to choose the delete option.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 01:05:08 AM »
I do keep getting a pop up from avsystemcare.com which warns me that I am not protected from virus'

This comes upas a blue box by the clock, it is quite big, when I click close it opens into a full window, i click cancel and tries to download so I click the close button and it disappears!

thats the one that keeps poppingup today, but not sure if it coming in as I am on sites that deal with this kind of thing.

Donna

Try this tool, RogueRemover, available here http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security