Author Topic: Avast and eMule  (Read 4895 times)

KYN

Avast and eMule
« on: August 18, 2007, 04:23:33 AM »
Since I installed avast my download rate on eMule has been reduced to a trickle of what it used to be.  I can still connect, but the status of my Kad network says "firewalled".  How do I get rid of the firewalled status and restore the connected status I had before installing avast?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast and eMule
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 02:45:05 PM »
avast is not a firewall.
I use emule and it's firewalled too (by Comodo Personal Firewall, I always thought).
If you disable emule scanning into P2P shield, will it help (of course, you'll be unprotected!). You need to add C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe into the emule setting to scan every downloaded file.
The best things in life are free.

KYN

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 01:27:27 AM »
I am still confused.  I clicked on the "avast! On-Access Scanner" icon.  Clicked on "stop provider" for the P2P shield.  But this did not change my low ID status on eMule and the Kad network status still says firewalled.  What should I do?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 01:37:32 AM »
Find out what firewall it is talking about, check the windows security center and see what firewall you have running.

However there is absolutely no way I would disable my firewall to carry out p2p connections.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 03:37:20 PM »
But this did not change my low ID status on eMule and the Kad network status still says firewalled.
Do you use Windows firewall? Which firewall do you use?
Do you connect to Internet through a router (spliting your Internet connection to several computers)?
The best things in life are free.