Author Topic: [Tutorial]Set up Avast to scan Outlook Express emails both ways  (Read 4431 times)

Tisti

[Tutorial]Set up Avast to scan Outlook Express emails both ways
« on: February 29, 2004, 12:47:56 PM »
Ok... Seems that not very much people know how to set this thing up so ill dicribe it a little bitt more. Avast will scan outg
This is a describtion how to do it in Windows Xp:
1. Go to Start->All programs->avast! antivirus-> open "Mail Protection Wizard"
2.Click next -> Check "Set up connection manualy" and click Next ->  check "I don't use MS Outlook ...." and click Next  -> In some casses it will shutdown something, let it... (if it does not shutdown anything then its allright too) and click Next -> Click on the button "Select All" and click on Next ->  Ok... here is where the truble begins if u have more then 1 email addreas at a diferent provider (I'll discribe how to fix that later) , if you do not have more then 1 email provider then just enter the pop and smtp server addreases and click on Next -> Here click on both od them to ALLOW both the options (they both have to have ticks) and then click Next -> And then click Next-> And click Finish
3. Open up Outlook Express go under "Tools" and click on "Accounts.." -> Click under the mail tag and select the first email ->
When you have selected a email click on Properties (heres a picture Picture 1) ->  Go under "Servers" and modifiy it like this  THIS  -> Then click on Settings (like the picture shows you) and configure it LIKE THIS
4.After you have done this click Ok then on Apply and that is it... Now move one to the next email addreas and folow the 3. point again
That is all, hope I helped anyone  ;)

jOhNnY

Re: [Tutorial]Set up Avast to scan Outlook Express emails both ways
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 04:43:14 PM »
Picture links don't work (Error 404 - file not found)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: [Tutorial]Set up Avast to scan Outlook Express emails both ways
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 07:35:25 PM »
This is incorrect.
This is a describtion how to do it in Windows Xp:
1. Go to Start->All programs->avast! antivirus-> open "Mail Protection Wizard"
1. With XP the Mail Protection Wizard doesn't show on the list.
2. With XP the email setup is transparent so MPW is not required.
3. You only need to use MPW for non-NT based OS (win95/98/ME).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security