Author Topic: cant remove all win32:dialer-1026 after boots time scan  (Read 130726 times)

mauserme

Re: cant remove all win32:dialer-1026 after boots time scan
« Reply #255 on: October 05, 2007, 08:24:31 PM »
I don't recognize this nor do i recall seeing it running on your computer in any prior logs

C:\Setup\Antivirus\help.exe

I'm assuming its something to do with dewild1's program.  If that's accurate then I see nothing of concern in either of your most recent logs.

How is the computer running?  Symptom free or still with problems?

calciver

« Reply #256 on: October 06, 2007, 07:55:23 PM »
I don't recognize this nor do i recall seeing it running on your computer in any prior logs

I'm assuming its something to do with dewild1's program.  If that's accurate then I see nothing of concern in either of your most recent logs.

Yea, that is dewild1's program. Now is symptom free and i will keep trying the protection for my pc and after i get mine hdd then i will format the pc. Half years or 1 years format 1 time, friend suggestion :P

mauserme

« Reply #257 on: October 06, 2007, 09:58:51 PM »
Now is symptom free ...
Clean after only 18 short, fun-filled pages  ;D

... i will format the pc. Half years or 1 years format 1 time, friend suggestion :P
Please, there's no need for that now.

It's probably impossible to say with 100%  certainty but I'm very confident the most frustrating part of the problem was caused by the open network.  Frustrating in that we spent days looking for the source of reinfection on your hard drive when it wasn't on the drive at all.  Now that you've secured the network I think you'll be fine.

There is a little clean up we should do before we call this finished.

Double click OTMoveIt once again and you should see a CleanUp! button.  Click that button.  You may get prompted by your firewall that OTMoveIt wants to contact the internet.  Allow this.  A cleanup.txt will be downloaded, a message dialog will ask you if you want to proceed with the cleanup process, click Yes. This will delete all the tools you have downloaded plus itself.

Download and install CleanUp, rebooting the computer if requested during installation.  Open the program and click the Clean Up button in order to remove temporary files, browsing history, etc.  It's a good practice to use this program from time to time as malware can lurk in some of these locations.  I usually run this program after every browsing session.

Now to get you off to a good start we will reset your restore points so that all the bad stuff is gone for good. Then if you need to restore at some stage you will be clean. There are several ways to reset your your restore point but this is my method:

1. Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore.
2. On the dialogue box that appears select Create a Restore Point
3. Click NEXT
4. Enter a name e.g. Clean
5. Click CREATE

You now have a clean restore point, to get rid of the bad ones:

1. Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Cleanup.
2. In the Drop down box that appears select your main drive e.g. C
3. Click OK
4. The System will do some calculation and the display a dialogue box with TABS
5. Select the More Options Tab.
6. At the bottom will be a system restore box with a CLEANUP button click this
7. Accept the Warning and select OK again, the program will close and you are done

Also, let me know what you and dewild1 determine.  I'll be interested to see his results.

dewild1

« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2007, 09:30:39 AM »

yep, the SC is here, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=30139.msg253114#msg253114
I just keeps this guys program, http://www.gidsoftware.com/remotehelpdesk.htm , connected.
Man, I am sorry,  ???, the different time zones, him logging in both times right before i am going to bed, one time getting a svchost error, going to run tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq svchost.exe" /SVC in CMD and finish up. I just got things uninstalled then for one reason or the other, grrrrrrrrrrr.. Sorry, please try again! ;D

calciver

« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2007, 06:26:51 PM »
dewild1, i connect at your time zone i think is near 11am but didn't happen any then same time connect u(your time zone 10pm like that) also didn't connect. I think will only get time at wednesday

calciver

« Reply #260 on: October 09, 2007, 07:24:12 AM »
Comodo firewall compair with the ZoneAlarm, which 1 better??

And what are they pros and cons

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #261 on: October 09, 2007, 02:11:03 PM »
I would say comodo even though I don't use it, ZA free has become bloated with lots of trialware and its outbound protection is crippled to promote ZA Pro upgrade.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #262 on: October 09, 2007, 10:47:12 PM »
Comodo firewall compair with the ZoneAlarm, which 1 better??

And what are they pros and cons
Well... there are tons of reviews available.
I'd rather Comodo. I do not use ZoneLabs products anymore.
Personal Firewall Tests & Results. Firewall rating:
http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows-personal-firewall-analysis/results.php
About the leak tests limitations: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=29259.msg247460#msg247460

Freeware firewalls:
http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests_overview.php
http://www.thefreecountry.com/security/firewalls.shtml

Reviews:
XP: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=27646.0
Vista: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=27647.0
The best things in life are free.

dewild1

« Reply #263 on: October 10, 2007, 10:01:08 AM »
Earlier today, I had no mouse, tonight, no keyboard so I could not tell you what to do after I came back from the store!
Grrrrrrrrrr. Dam Keyboard, Mouse, Video switch is on the blink!
I hope IE 7 went ok and installed ok.
If you leave your computer on, it will lock and update to the latest version of my software. After that, it will be OK.
HOWEVER, I am truly worried about Avast blocking my programs because they are compiled with UPX. I saw it blocking several of them, the older ones, if it blocks the ones that are needed to lock things down and protect you, I fear the worst, for, I do not want you to get reinfected. :-)
Even though the guys and gals on the forum got you very clean, once you are infected, it is easy to become re-infected, that is unless you got my stuff.
I tried to exclude the actual directory and files from being scanned in Avast as well as the folder higher up.

I saw your posts on the firewall, please trust my experience; if malware can not run, NOR install, you do not need an OUTGOING firewall, only one for INCOMING. "Experts" may disagree, but with my CPULOCK an outgoing firewall is just an annoyance.
I will paste this email to give an update on the forum.

dewild1

« Reply #264 on: October 10, 2007, 10:09:31 AM »
The above was the email I just sent him.
It was a pain in the butt for both of us. He was logging in through the file that he downloaded, directly. All my clients go through my web site. My web site emails and sends me txt every 5 min until me or one of my techs gets it. My tech worked on him today but he was sick so he really did not do much! >:( >:( >:( >:( :-[ :-[
By going directly, no one even knew he was there... :'(
He has Avast, and all the other stuff we do, but the exclusion thing is something I need to figure out. Having Avast block my programs is bad.
I want to uninstall superantispyware after a week as well to help his system speed up and do some checks.
But as long as my stuff can update, and the scans run as scheduled, he will be fine. 8)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 10:13:04 AM by dewild1 »

dewild1

« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »
Also, time zones, that made it hard to :P

mauserme

« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2007, 01:41:31 PM »
Even though the guys and gals on the forum got you very clean, once you are infected, it is easy to become re-infected, that is unless you got my stuff.
So at this point you're just trying to install your software as a replacement (?) for other security soft?

I saw your posts on the firewall, please trust my experience; if malware can not run, NOR install, you do not need an OUTGOING firewall, only one for INCOMING. "Experts" may disagree, but with my CPULOCK an outgoing firewall is just an annoyance.
I am happier with outbound protection as well as inbound.  I have Zone Alarm on a single computer and PC Tools Firewall on another just to keep up to date on them. 

I have Comodo on several computers and that's my preferred firewall.

calciver

« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2007, 03:49:56 PM »
Earlier today, I had no mouse, tonight, no keyboard so I could not tell you what to do after I came back from the store!
Grrrrrrrrrr. Dam Keyboard, Mouse, Video switch is on the blink!
I hope IE 7 went ok and installed ok.
If you leave your computer on, it will lock and update to the latest version of my software. After that, it will be OK.
HOWEVER, I am truly worried about Avast blocking my programs because they are compiled with UPX. I saw it blocking several of them, the older ones, if it blocks the ones that are needed to lock things down and protect you, I fear the worst, for, I do not want you to get reinfected. :-)
I tried to exclude the actual directory and files from being scanned in Avast as well as the folder higher up.

My incoming that 1 already broke when last 3 month virus attack and i install comodo and those virus didn't coming again

calciver

« Reply #268 on: October 10, 2007, 04:01:21 PM »
I would say comodo even though I don't use it, ZA free has become bloated with lots of trialware and its outbound protection is crippled to promote ZA Pro upgrade.

I have try ZA at another pc and it look like will cut all connection to the internet, and if i wrong click to block software connection to the internet or running, next time running again that software then cannot run because it block then i cant release it.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #269 on: October 10, 2007, 04:20:52 PM »
If you can't release it, delete the entry for it in program control and that will force ZA to ask permission again when you next use it, then allow the software application.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security