Author Topic: AvastSvc.exe keeps running at 25% CPU usage all the time  (Read 3263 times)

Offline edialechu

Re: AvastSvc.exe keeps running at 25% CPU usage all the time
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2021, 08:09:57 PM »
Iam very sorry Chris.It is true when I bought toshiba notebook a long time ago it came with norton but since I started to use the notebook for the first time I uninstalled it and began to use Avast.That was the reason tha I didnt remember, I forgot it.The important thing is that thanks to gmer  now goes well and the problem was solved

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2021, 09:12:47 PM »
OK, I'm glad the problem is solved and that avast was so responsive through gmer... during a Weekend. ;)

Offline Lost Horizon

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2021, 11:22:11 AM »
Hi,

I just updated Avast virus definitions to version 210906-0 today on my machine and everything is runnning fine, no more problem with high CPU usage.

I would like to take the opportunity here to thank everybody on the forum from the posts' input contributors to the wonderful Avast software team that make this happened.

Thanks a lot.

Offline edialechu

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2021, 06:22:51 PM »
Today appears the same problem the cpu stucks on 25% with the Avast Service when it makes the antirootkit scan. I will be grateful if yoy help me. The problem appears on Windows 7 with previous version of Avast.

Now I tested again and is ok.I will test again tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 08:20:42 PM by edialechu »