Author Topic: Corrupted cab files in OpenOffice installer.  (Read 3019 times)

JohnHC

Corrupted cab files in OpenOffice installer.
« on: August 30, 2007, 09:25:36 PM »
When I do a system scan I received 'Corrupted cab files' messages for several files in the OpenOffice installer (both 2.1.0 and 2.2.0).  I have seen several posts on this subject but no resolution or avast! response.  I suspected this was not a corrupted file problem but an avast! problem in dealing with the compressed file.  I extracted the installer file (using 7-Zip) and ran a scan on the the extracted folder and received not error messages.  I don't remember seeing this in previous scans and suspect it may be a version 4.7.1029 problem.
I am running Win XP Pro x64 edition and have avast! version 4.7.1029 and VPS 770-0.
Thanks.......John

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Corrupted cab files in OpenOffice installer.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:31:36 PM »
I extracted the installer file (using 7-Zip) and ran a scan on the the extracted folder and received not error messages.

I suspected this was not a corrupted file problem but an avast! problem in dealing with the compressed file.
You've answered yourself. If avast (for any reason) can't manage a file it could be shown as being corrupt when, in fact, avast unpackers could not handle that particular file. See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=30191.msg249025#msg249025
The best things in life are free.